• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 roadrunner clone paint job

cubanmoparnut54

Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Decided to paint the car in sublime green. My single stage came in today as did the upol high build primer and body filler. Im a decently experienced painter but I have not got the hang of spraying single stage. Any tips? Going to finish with the 3m trizact system after either way.

Decided to paint the car in sublime green. My single stage came in today as did the upol high build primer and body filler. Im a decently experienced painter but I have not got the hang of spraying single stage. Any tips? Going to finish with the 3m trizact system after either way.
I've been doing my first single stage job on my car as well. It is plum crazy purple. I would say be very aware of how tight you are overlapping your passes, I'd say 70 to 75% overlap has worked very well for me. I also turn the mixture down a bit for a smaller droplet and a little less material, with the extra effort of overlapping my passes better the paint tends to accumulate just right with the toned down mixture setting. I have been surprised how well it has layed down with this strategy. I also move quite a bit faster than if I was spraying clear coat. I think where your color is not a high metallics color it will be quite straightforward for you getting good results, and of course the cutt and buff will work great on the non metallic single stage. I wanted to paint my car green go, or sublime but eventually decided to go original with it.

I've been doing my first single stage job on my car as well. It is plum crazy purple. I would say be very aware of how tight you are overlapping your passes, I'd say 70 to 75% overlap has worked very well for me. I also turn the mixture down a bit for a smaller droplet and a little less material, with the extra effort of overlapping my passes better the paint tends to accumulate just right with the toned down mixture setting. I have been surprised how well it has layed down with this strategy. I also move quite a bit faster than if I was spraying clear coat. I think where your color is not a high metallics color it will be quite straightforward for you getting good results, and of course the cutt and buff will work great on the non metallic single stage. I wanted to paint my car green go, or sublime but eventually decided to go original with it.
Same here lol. My car is originally f7 green but after finding out how much a gallon of Sherwood green is I decided to go with a single-stage sublime which I like better anyways. I'm planning on leaving the door jambs unpainted because I will be daily driving the car and I don't want to remove the factory stick on the side. Spend along time finding a roadrunner hood which cost me a hefty bunch.

Same here lol. My car is originally f7 green but after finding out how much a gallon of Sherwood green is I decided to go with a single-stage sublime which I like better anyways. I'm planning on leaving the door jambs unpainted because I will be daily driving the car and I don't want to remove the factory stick on the side. Spend along time finding a roadrunner hood which cost me a hefty bunch.
Nice, the green cars are my favorite! I also like single stage because I think it looks more authentic. To me a car that has a base/clear job on it where they hammerd on the clear gets old to look at. They may cut and buff the texture and big problems out of it but you can still spot the underlying urethane wave.

Nice, the green cars are my favorite! I also like single stage because I think it looks more authentic. To me a car that has a base/clear job on it where they hammerd on the clear gets old to look at. They may cut and buff the texture and big problems out of it but you can still spot the underlying urethane wave.
Yeah absolutely. I personally think once single stage is wet sanded and buffed it looks better than a base/clear paint job.

Auto Transport Service
Back