• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 aluminum Accumulator Pistons?

Rug_Trucker

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Looking to rebuild my A518 to go behind my 450hp Cummins. I have several B/C body 727's and even a 78 or 79 3/4 ton 727.

Aluminum accumulator pistons vs plastic? What year were they metal?

From working on early Torqueflights I know they were aluminum through '60's and '70's. I was cleaning out my garage a couple of weeks ago, and junked a lot of used 727 parts. I know there were some of these pieces in there.

Either use an aluminum one or a billet aftermarket, plastic are known to fail...

The double sealed billet ones are not that expensive. Some have the blocker rod machined into them too.

Don't use a blocker rod. Part Throttle and "off the gas" shifts are too harsh. I just omit the cushion spring on my builds.

Don't use a blocker rod. Part Throttle and "off the gas" shifts are too harsh. I just omit the cushion spring on my builds.

Yes, The blocker rod is usually not used in the overdrive transmissions. usually in 727 Race builds.

Go to a local rebuilder and get one. They are nothing special. I have plenty if you can't find one.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back