• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 trans with two cables?

68chargerr

Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
Hey I have a 727 big block trans with two cables, looks like one is for the gears and the other is for park? Was this a push button car trans or will it work in my 68 charger with floor shifter? I didn't take the car apart but I can't see how the second cable works and before I get it taken apart for a rebuild I want to make sure I have the right trans.

Cheers!

You are correct, one cable for the shifter, the other for park. This is a pushbotton style trans and will not convert to floor shift. It will also have a rear pump and might have a flange at the end of the tail instead of a slip yoke as many of these were installed in cars with trunion style driveshaft. You will be better off selling or trading this to someone who can really use it and concentrate on finding a nice HP 727 for your Charger.

It will also work on the 65 column shifter

It won't work with the later model shifters!

Auto Transport Service
Back