• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 k member bushing replacement

zsn0w

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
How does everyone suggest going about replacing the k member isolator bushings on a 74 roadrunner? I really don't want to pull the engine. Would I be able to just jack up the front by the frame rails and then put a jack under the k member and disconnect it, lower it a little bit, replace the bushings, and pop it back up and in? Would there be enough movement in everything to do that? Thanks.

I was able to do it by myself with a really really long crow bar, sawsall w/ really good blade, and a cutting wheel. Be sure to spray plenty of liquid penetrant on the bushing bolts a few days before. Loosen them all up to the point where they're about to drop then go around and replace em 1 at a time. I had to take a cutting wheel to the metal center inserts on a couple of the bushings because I couldn't pry the frame and K member far enough AND remove the pucks on my own.

also you will have to remove the strut rods to lower and pry the side of the k frame to replace each bushing, one at a time, it will work and take you about 5 hrs.

Auto Transport Service
Back