• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 74 Roadrunner - 318 - Project Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

74 Mopar

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have my 74 Roadrunner up for sale on ebay. $4800 buy it now. Vin #RM21G4R246935
I have to sell because I found a 70 Barracuda that I'm trying to buy and that's more in my fix it up capabilities.

Clear title. Daily driver, running. (Motor needs work.) Have fender tag and build sheet. Originally a 318-2b, auto, originally Moonstone metallic (gray) with white interior. No A/C. It is now blue with black interior.

Non-matching 318 motor, that needs rebuilt. 2 barrel Carter carb, recently cleaned.
New - brakes (front disk, back drum) radiator (27" for A/C or Big block), water pump, timing chain, alternator, all hoses and belts, battery, fuel pump, new oil pan seal, tranny seal. Tranny is running fine, but it's not rebuilt. Power steering box leaks and motor is running rough (probably a valve seal, cyl #3 is not working, there is no oil in rad. fluid or visa versa). Exhaust is not new, but is good and solid.

Exterior. Has a 20 ft (looks good from 20' away) spray paint job. It pretty rust free except for both rear quarter panels (bottom 8" will prob need to be replaced, the former owner used bondo), 1 small rust spot at back window and above bumper (see pics of all). Body is pretty straight and clean, frame is good (it's orig. a Vegas car), a few minor dings and dents, but nothing big. Grill has 2 places that need to be repaired. Frame is good and rust free. New windshield, back window seal needs to be redone, but all glass is good. Rear windows roll down (took them out of a 74 Satellite). Needs/missing front valance and passenger mirror. Needs new tires and rims.

Interior. It's taken apart right now, but it's all there and I could put it in if you like in a few days. Ralley dash. Bench seat is in right now, but I have some 70s bucket seats to put in. (Not orig. and not Mopar) No console and shifter is on the column. I'm in the process of re-upholstering and can finish it if you like the colors (black vinyl, and plum purple ultrasuade). I have new, plum carpet ready to go in, new dash cap, new interior panels (new black vinyl or newly painted black plastic), floor pans are rust free, new black leather headliner, new package tray (back window), trunk is re-done with new trunk divider, painted (POR 15), carpet, no rust, orig. jack, stand and spare. Stereo is not the greatest, but it works....2 -12" subs, amp and decent rear and front speakers. Killswitch, push button ignition....car needs some electrical/wiring work, (speedometer, oil gauge, interior lights, horn need to be hooked up). It shouldn't be hard, I just don't know how. My dad was helping me with my project car, but he moved to Kansas and so it didn't get finished. My mechanic friend said the engine problem was probably a valve seal, but again, I don't have the know-how and would rather put the 440 in it. Because of the engine/tires, it can't be driven long distance.

Vehicle is for sale locally, so I reserve the right to end auction at anytime. Car is in Salt Lake City, Utah and can be inspected at anytime. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Thanks for looking.

I have a 440 big block that needs rebuilt (non-running and a bit of rust) and an extra tranny (727 torque-flite) that I'd throw in for the right sell price or $500 extra.

front.jpgrear.jpgdrivers.jpgpassenger side.jpgtrunk.jpgspare and jack.jpg318 motor.jpgralley dash.jpgdash painted.jpgrear floor pan.jpgpass floor pan.jpgdrivers floor pan.jpgunder carriage.jpgframe rails driver front.jpgRoadrunner build sheet.jpgrust pass rear.jpgrust back window.jpgrust back quarter.jpgrust driver rear quarter.jpg

Last edited:
Not to sound wise, but you should probably remove the "rust free" part of that ad. You can't be "rust free" rust like that.

Not to sound wise, but you should probably remove the "rust free" part of that ad. You can't be "rust free" rust like that.

Ok, thanks. I've just been looking at project cars, especially here in Utah, and they are all rusted out (floor boards, fenders, quarter panels, rockers, etc), so I thought mine was pretty good with only the rear bottom 1/4s.

For some reason, I can't edit the for sale post though.

Thanks, Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back