• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

78 Magnum

Russmacman

Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Hello all. Having so much trouble trying to install upper control arm bushings. I have a set of Moog 7058 bushings and no matter what I do I can’t seem to push them in with a shop press or a hand screw press. It really feels and looks like the bushing is just a little bit too big to start in the hole. I’m guessing it looks like about a 36 mm outside dimension on the bushing. The LCA looks to me about 35. Does anyone have any advice or a different manufacturer? I’m just afraid I’m going to bust it. Thanks so much.

IMG_0752.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

That looks like it's crooked.

I used some 1.5"x2/3" bar stock I had, bent somewhat to support the odd shape of the UCA in a press, and a piece of rigid conduit on the other side.

That looks like it's crooked.

I used some 1.5"x2/3" bar stock I had, bent somewhat to support the odd shape of the UCA in a press, and a piece of rigid conduit on the other side.
Thanks but it was just finger tight before. 5/8 grade 8. Tried heating UCA and clod bushing and just feels too tight. Cant measure old as they were destroyed before and after removal. LCA went in fine but couse different style.

Auto Transport Service
Back