• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a/c spec

67Bbody

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the proper amount of R-12 a 67 Coronet 500 with a small block takes? My compressor tag says 3 pounds 11 ounces. I do not know if the compressor or the tag is original?? My Motors manual says 2.25 pounds. It has been converted to 134 and I know that it will take 80%. vs the full charge of R12.

thank you!

Does anyone know the proper amount of R-12 a 67 Coronet 500 with a small block takes? My compressor tag says 3 pounds 11 ounces. I do not know if the compressor or the tag is original?? My Motors manual says 2.25 pounds. It has been converted to 134 and I know that it will take 80%. vs the full charge of R12.

thank you!
IMO......the origional method was (according to the FSM) was add refrigerant to eliminate any bubbles in the sight glass on the accumulator, with doors open and blower on high. R134A requires LESS refrigerant about 80% of the origional R12 quantity. REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE EPR VALVE (Evaporator Pressure Regulator) in the compressor's suction port if using the origional MOPAR compressor, change all the O-rings and REFRIGERANT oil to the PAG universal type.......
BOB RENTON

Also don’t forget to convert the Schrader valve to a green o ring or plug it off.

Auto Transport Service
Back