• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC/Heater control bad vacuum leak

PeteyDaMan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
All,
The AC / heater control on my 71 Charger is leaking pretty bad. I ran a smoke test into the vacuum line coming from the engine compartment and smoke poured out of the a/c heat control switch.

I've had it disconnected for a while because I knew there was a leak, I just never dove into finding out where.

Does anyone know of a rebuild kit or tips on rebuilding it?

I did a search and found some old threads with links to parts an part numbers but none of them are available any more.

thanks guys!

All,
The AC / heater control on my 71 Charger is leaking pretty bad. I ran a smoke test into the vacuum line coming from the engine compartment and smoke poured out of the a/c heat control switch.

I've had it disconnected for a while because I knew there was a leak, I just never dove into finding out where.

Does anyone know of a rebuild kit or tips on rebuilding it?

I did a search and found some old threads with links to parts an part numbers but none of them are available any more.

thanks guys!
I just checked eBay, looks like there are a few available for your car, but if you want to go the rebuild route, this guy did mine a few years ago and did a great job. Not sure if he’s still doing them, but worth a try:

Anthony Powell
1305 North Grant Drive, Sherman, TX 75092
Or e-mail [email protected]

He just rebuilt a heater control for my 64 fury. Quick turn around too

Thanks guys, I'll give him a shot
The rebuilt ones I see on Ebay are $350!!
Talk about a kick in the nuts! :nutkick:

Auto Transport Service
Back