• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Accessory rearangements

Yatzee

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Calling on all creative and knowledgeable members for relocation of my power steering pump and alternator from the original positions. The pump is a Sag, sits low and the pressure line interferes with the right lower mount. Has any one moved the acc's on a big block 400 and how can it be done? What brackets did you use? Where did you mount them? I have both 3 and four groove crank pulley's. Did you use an idler to clear the water pump? This is brain storming at it's best and I know it's possible with out spending a fortune to move the accessories to other locations. Just haven't figured it out yet. All suggestions are appreciated. Is there a better PS pump than a large Saginaw that can be used in tight places but put out the higher pressures for my steering box and hydro boost braking system?

Check out the serpentine conversions from SD Concepts. There are photos of them in several builds plus mine in the "Updating The Super Street Mopar".

Auto Transport Service
Back