• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After market shifter with 65 console

Dan64

Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm putting together a street/strip 64 Polara but i'm using a 65 Coronet center console if i can make a after market shifter work with it. Trans will be a 66' and up 727 reverse manual auto. Has anyone used a B&M Quick silver # bmm-80683. Are they any good?. The lock out feature is done by lifting up on the shifter handle so there is no separate little button to push to go to reverse or park. Only having the one handle coming through the console may make to doable . Anyone done this ?, all advise welcome.

It’s been done before and rather easily. Also the console is the same for 64-65. You can find pics on WWW, just google it.

I've seen guys do it, i just never took notice to what shifter they were using. I figure a ratchet style would be better? due to it's limited travel needs within the selector slot of the console. Wasn't sure if 64 and 65 were the same ,thanks for the info.

Auto Transport Service
Back