• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Conditioning, Finally!

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Finished the Classic Auto Air install and finally got it charged today. What a great decision, works really well, I think its better than Vintage Air because you don't have to route the hoses in the fender. I'm real glad I didn't go with that choice. I'll need to get an idler solenoid but that's no problem. All you guys who have air, do you notice the horsepower robbing? I do, its not as peppy and you really have to get on it, but that's OK, its real comfortable to ride in now in this Florida heat. When your younger you want all the horsepower you can get, but being older I just want to cruise and be comfortable and know I can punch it when I want! One other thing, I noticed the fan is real close (talking mm) to the condenser, will this be OK being that close?

The radiator should be the part close to the fan. ???
20220104_134403.jpg

Pictures?
Condenser, 1/2" to 3/4" air gap, radiator. If your fan is properly in the shroud, leave it alone.

Pictures?
Condenser, 1/2" to 3/4" air gap, radiator. If your fan is properly in the shroud, leave it alone.
I'll get some pics tomorrow, there is more than a 3/4" from the rad. From what I was reading, as long as I have a shroud it would be OK because it will funnel the air. I'll have to leave the fan where it is if its going to stay half to three quarters in the shroud.

I'd really like to hear more and see pictures of the under hood install.
Here are some pics, the first one is how far the fan is away from the condenser. The other ones are of the whole system.

Air 1.jpeg
Air 2.jpeg
Air 3.jpeg
Air 4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back