• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air/Fuel Ratio Kit

MLB2021

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a '67 R/T J-code car, with the 426 now being at 486 inches, and still using the original AFBs.

I live at an elevation of 3565' ASL so tuning can be a bit of a challenge, especially with ancient carburetion. The exhaust system is a full 3" TTI, front to back, and luckily it has threaded A/F sensor bosses in the collectors.

So, the question is, has anyone installed an A/F package on their cars, preferably 426-powered, and if so, what manufacturer have you used? I've been looking at the F.A.S.T wireless package, but they're perpetually out of stock due to supply chain issues, so it's time to look at wired technology.

Any input, recommendations, feedback, will be greatly appreciated.

Innovate Motorsports makes a dual AFR setup, DLG-1, and displays both banks simultaneously in the dash gauge. That’s what I’m using. But it sucks having to cut holes in the floor to route the sensor wiring.

AEM here

A little time to install, but the nice thing is you will only have to do it once !

I would almost considered it a must have for anyone really looking to dial their carb in .

I have an AEM gauge installed. It works well, but the supplied Bosch sensor failed almost
immediately. AEM would not come good for it, even though gauge was still under warranty. An internet search confirms that Bosch sensors are problematic and are replaced often. I replaced my sensor with a Denso unit and have had no further issues. These sensors are expensive, so do your research before you make your final decision. I fail to understand why the AEM package would continue to use an inferior sensor.

I have an AEM gauge installed. It works well, but the supplied Bosch sensor failed almost
immediately. AEM would not come good for it, even though gauge was still under warranty. An internet search confirms that Bosch sensors are problematic and are replaced often. I replaced my sensor with a Denso unit and have had no further issues. These sensors are expensive, so do your research before you make your final decision. I fail to understand why the AEM package would continue to use an inferior sensor.
What did it do when the sensor failed? No reading on the display?

Innovate Motorsports makes a dual AFR setup, DLG-1, and displays both banks simultaneously in the dash gauge. That’s what I’m using. But it sucks having to cut holes in the floor to route the sensor wiring.
We think alike. I don't want to drill holes anywhere, thus the thought about a wireless package. I may just have to cool my jets until F.A.S.T. have their wireless unit back in stock.

Thanks for all the input and thoughts Guys. I really appreciate it, and though there are different thoughts towards the different manufacturers all the input convinces me that I'm on the right track by putting an A/F package in.

Thanks again everyone......

I had to look up this wireless AF gauge your talking about.

Interesting concept , but I can't say I personally would go for it. And i am all for the newest and latest gizmos! .Connection via Bluetooth to your phone? Your phone is now your gauge whenever your in the car ?

I personally would be worried by the accuracy , reliability and time delay of your readings. To me a nice digital gauge hardwired directly to the sensor is hard to beat ! I just can't see it being as accurate as a wired setup .

And the price... .. that's alot, just to not have a small hole in the floor for wiring.

Just some more to think about !

I had to look up this wireless AF gauge your talking about.

Interesting concept , but I can't say I personally would go for it. And i am all for the newest and latest gizmos! .Connection via Bluetooth to your phone? Your phone is now your gauge whenever your in the car ?

I personally would be worried by the accuracy , reliability and time delay of your readings. To me a nice digital gauge hardwired directly to the sensor is hard to beat ! I just can't see it being as accurate as a wired setup .

And the price... .. that's alot, just to not have a small hole in the floor for wiring.

Just some more to think about !

You're correct, it is an interesting concept, and it's built on our penchant for all things wireless these days.

One of the thoughts that keeps me interested in the F.A.S.T package is the fact that they have a reputation for building a quality product based on substantial R & D. Also, with Edelbrock owning the company they've got deep pockets to be able to support their R & D. It's just the Edelbrock way.

I was hoping that someone on the Forum might have experience with the F.A.S.T product. I stand corrected-I just spotted a post that someone made about the F.A.S.T product.

Yup, the price does give one pause, especially when converted to the Canadian dollar. spmething that you and I are well aware.

As far as the small hole in the floor, I do respect your thoughts on that, but I'm doing my darndest to not deviate away from original, albeit restored, the power train notwithstanding.

Auto Transport Service
Back