• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alex and my Satellite -67 - New member from Sweden

Alex_Sweden

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
Hi! As the title says, i'm a 40+ guy from west coast of Sweden, named Alex. New to the forum this year.

This summer i bought my first muscle car from the golden era, Plymouth Satellite - 67, sold in Sweden 1967.
Originally it was a 383 but the previous owner replaced it with a BB 440. Besides that is has Edelbrock intake, DP 850 holley, MSD AL6, purple cam, exhaust coated Doug´s, 3" with cut-outs, alum-cooler, el fan etc.
Interior is fairly nice, org seats and so on. Power steering and disc brakes (power) and drums on the back. Tranny is 727 with 4.11 rear. 15" WELD wheels, 2800rpm TF Converter

Beginning next year I have 2 options im considering, neither ones are needed (acc. to my girlfriend but....) the car runs just super nice so far. But I want a new project.
Some body work could be done, if you have OCD like me....

Opt1 lightweight
- Check and make sure all is running "as it should" meaning, timing, compression, carb adjustment, perhaps som bench testing to see the curve, it said to have 450-500h

Opt2
- As above but take out the motor and open it. Leave the block and cylinders heads to some company that hones/checks/blueprint the heads and block. Also replaced all bearings, oil rings etc. No boring or stroker kit

Opt3
- Take out the motor, replace parts or tune/blueprint, in order to have 550-600hp without any compressor or silly expensive works done, and still a 440 (no stroker). Still driveable

Let me know if you have any other ideas or tips. I will post rather soon again in the tuning forum part
Some photos attached

mopar (5).JPG

mopar (4).JPG

mopar (2).JPG

mopar (1).JPG

mopar (6).JPG

mopar (3).JPG

Welcome from Alabama. In this cars history all the trim and molding have been removed. If it were mine, I would check compression and tuning and if that is good, I would do nothing to the engine. The first thing I would change is to get a more streetable rear gear setup 3.23 or 3.55. 67's are fine machines. Lastly it's your car, so make it what YOU want.

Nice 67 Satellite, I like your style & Ideas
I'd do Opt. #3,
it's already modified, have fun with it make it yours

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Alberta, Canada, so you're probably on par with our coldness. Nice Satellite. I'd agree moving to 3.23's or 3.55's would make it more street-driveable. I'd go with Option 1 first, even if you decided to go with Option 2 or 3 later. Get that 440 running maximally before tearing into it. By the way, a 383 is also a BB. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back