• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

almost ready for the maiden voyage in the 67 coronet 440 wagon!

cherokeechief79

Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
Many of you have heped me greatly with this since ive aquired it and i thank you so much.
I have 2 questions i hope you can help me with though.
The v8 emblems were missing on the front fenders.i found a set with the nuts.
I was able to get the nuts on the driver side within the door gap but the passenger side is tighter.any ideas?
Also the door mirror on the driver side is floppy and wont stay in any position at all.it is remote controlled with the cable operated "joystick"inside.
Any idea on how to keep it solid even if its in a fixed permanent position?

thanks again for all of your help!

Uh, those gaps should be the same.
Collision damage?
Maybe radio antenna?

I was able to disassemble one of my mirrors, and put small washers under the spring to tighten it up.

There are things called "barrel nuts". They push into the trim hole, and the trim studs push into them and are secured tightly. The mirror may have a broken or unattached cable. The door toggle works 3 small cables to adjust the mirror. You can unscrew the toggle bezel, and push the toggle out. Then the door card needs to come off. You can reach up into the door to remove the nut off the forward attaching stud. Then you can remove the screw from the mirror base, and remove the mirror and cable as an assembly. From there you can discover what is wrong. If your mirror is not repairable, there are reproductions available.
Here is one I used to own; same car, but 2 versions of it.

83794155_1517167828449267_1576042329486131200_o.jpg

scan0002[2].jpg

scan0003[1].jpg

Last edited:
Try removing the two nuts and or studs from the bottom of the fender dog leg to gain more room at the fender to door A pillar gap.

we will try those things again next weeken when im at my sons.the emblems came with plastic gumdrop shaped nuts on the posts.they are way too large to push into the existing holes.the posts on the emblems barely fit through the holes.
can i somehow tighten up this mirror through this gap without removing it?

coronet mirror.jpg

we will try those things again next weeken when im at my sons.the emblems came with plastic gumdrop shaped nuts on the posts.they are way too large to push into the existing holes.the posts on the emblems barely fit through the holes.
can i somehow tighten up this mirror through this gap without removing it?

View attachment 1712951

Nope, but it's pretty easy to remove and open up.

Auto Transport Service
Back