• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Hemi block - which one?

aldal

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
I need some constructive debate and or advice on which aluminum Hemi block is best for my needs. I am building a mostly street some strip 65 Coronet and want to have an aluminum engine. I understand the cost and such but I don't care because for 35 years I have had to settle and now finally I am going to do it the way I want. I have been researching this for almost 2 years and still can't get a handle on it because one guy loves a certain block and the very next guy hates it.

I have narrowed it down to:

1 - Bill Mitchell World block.

2 - HP Performance block.

Any information and or insight would be greatly welcomed. Thanks, Al :icon_scratch:

I have a KB Block which is the best by far and a Indy block which so far looks great and there's no wait. You'll be spending $6500.00 per block with all the modifications like hydraulic oiling, bushed lifter bores, clearancing for stroker crank, thicker sleeve.

Last edited:
I did check out a KB Street block but was under the impression that I had to use external oiling (which I would rather not do) and the stock mounts would not work. I would like to keep my engine looking as close to stock as I can. I could call KB and get information (which I think I will) but I just wanted some info. first as I hate to bother these guys until I am ready to place the order. Thanks, Al

I did check out a KB Street block but was under the impression that I had to use external oiling (which I would rather not do) and the stock mounts would not work. I would like to keep my engine looking as close to stock as I can. I could call KB and get information (which I think I will) but I just wanted some info. first as I hate to bother these guys until I am ready to place the order. Thanks, Al
It wouldnt hurt to call and ask a few questions. I actually dealt with Keith blacks grandson when I placed my order

It wouldnt hurt to call and ask a few questions. I actually dealt with Keith blacks grandson when I placed my order

Thanks Hemi Rebel....I am going to contact KB today.

Keith Black 7301_4895692194055_690469197_n.jpgHEMI.jpg

I Called keith black two weeks ago about there HEMI and he said they were about 4 to 6 months out on there blocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back