• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon Price Craziness

ct71rr

Chad
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
I ran out of Griot’s Interior Cleaner and went to purchase more online. First place was Amazon: $131.96 for a gallon??!! WTF??!! I then tried Griot’s website: $32.99. I wonder if anyone has actually paid the Amazon price?

Amazon:
IMG_3474.png

Griot’s website:
IMG_3475.png

We notice that sometimes when we get cat litter. It pays to check the pricing first. We'll check the river, Target, Petsmart before plopping down money. Sometimes the other two have BOGO's going on.

I always check multiple stores. amazon, walmart, homedepot, etc. Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Those stupid 3rd party sellers post ridiculous prices waiting for some sucker to bite.

Imagine being on the "auto buy" scheduled purchase program they do. I don't know how people can be so careless with money as to trust a store to buy things for them. Talk about conflict of interest.
Then you see stuff like this lol.

I quit buy anything, from anything Jeff Bezos owns or runs
including anything Amazon related, years ago now

Shopping around often pays off. Assuming Amazon is cheapest isn’t always right. For example I usually can find VR1 oil cheaper elsewhere than Amazon, even eBay. I get the best deal in VR1 during the month or two a year NAPA has it on sale.
On the other hand, a couple times in recent years I needed tires and was about to order them from Tire Rack. I checked Amazon and found they had much better prices on my tires so ordered them there instead. And interestingly they got delivered by UPS.

Auto Transport Service
Back