• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD ramcharger or power bulge hood.

steveramone

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Hello Mopar lovers, I just called over to AMD and asked if there were plans to make the ramcharger or power bulge hood and they said they had no plans unless there was a more of a demand.

Guess we need to start bugging these guys a bit more to make them.

Thanks.

I talked to them about the Ramcharger hood last March. They told me the same thing, they were not planning to make them. Wonder how much demand it takes? Good used Ramcharger hoods are almost impossible to find and when you do find one, impossible to own.

I had asked how many calls they get about the hood and I was really surprised when the guy on the phone said it had prob been about six months or longer since they had a call about the hoods and that need to invest about $500,000 to make them so were going to have to bug them like crazy for them to make them.

I saw an add in Toronto Canada on kijji for a power bulge hood from a 73 charger but he wanted about 1300 dollars so by the time it ships to me It would be out of my price range at the moment.

Clean hoods are hard to come buy. A guy recently came to my place to pick up some parts, and spotted the power buldge hood on my 74 RR and said he was willing to pay me 1500 for it?!?! Really. Sorry ill keep it.

OK, so someone is snowing someone ... The owner of the restoration shop I work for has a very good working relationship with the head honcho at AMD . So much so that his one of one 70 Baldwin Motion GSX is on display at AMD. Point being, until a few years ago 70-72 Buick A Bodies had very little in the way of aftermarket / re-pop stuff. Now thanks to some of my bosses NOS peices ( to help in making dies ) there are now qtrs, inner and outer wheel houses and a few other pieces . It takes time but I'm sure if there was a concerted effort on the part of the Mopar community, something could be done ... anybody have a NOS hood ?

I had asked how many calls they get about the hood and I was really surprised when the guy on the phone said it had prob been about six months or longer since they had a call about the hoods and that need to invest about $500,000 to make them so were going to have to bug them like crazy for them to make them.

I saw an add in Toronto Canada on kijji for a power bulge hood from a 73 charger but he wanted about 1300 dollars so by the time it ships to me It would be out of my price range at the moment.

$500,000 sounds extremly high for stamped metal, 50,000 sounds about right.
I have seen good bulge hoods lately for 3-500 on craigslist. Now I have only seen pics, so who knows what they look like up close.

Check craigslist in the southeast, Al, Ga, Ms and La, these economies are really depressed, I talked to a guy in La who was begging me (well not really) to buy his 71 r/t and he only wanted 4400 for it, no rust but needed work. Almost bought it, except I have 3 cars now.

Thats a crazy low price on a RT, around Alberta guys are asking 6 to 7 grand or more for cars that need a ton of work.

Maybe every body needs to bug the **** of out AMD till they make one.

Thats a crazy low price on a RT, around Alberta guys are asking 6 to 7 grand or more for cars that need a ton of work.

Maybe every body needs to bug the **** of out AMD till they make one.
thats what I'm saying, but anybody who has access to an NOS hood would make the process easier ...

I have a 74 RR. And I dont care about the factory appearance inserts. All i want is a functional Air-Grabber to put into my hood. The underhood brace is already cut for it frome the 71-2 pattern.

Auto Transport Service
Back