• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An article about the Dodge Magnum on Hagerty

Excellent article, I’ve always thought the later 70s b bodies were neat. It’s a shame what General Motors and Bill France did to Chrysler.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen the article yet!
Not too much I see wrong in the article, though they suggest the 400 was available both years, but it was only an option in '78, and I think T Tops was someone's trademarked name (Hurst?), so Chrysler called the option "T Bar roof"
I posted in another thread here recently about being amused by Hagerty's take on Magnums values. When I bought mine a year ago, they only wanted to agree to insure it at $15,000. My agent went to bat for me and got them to raise that to $20,000. Then I get an email from them last week saying their valuation experts have been reviewing car values and a couple of my cars are underinsured, and they think my Magnum should be insured for $24,000!
Up 60% in one year? And now they publish an article saying best examples are high 30's? That's a long way from that $15,000 they said last year.
I didn't buy mine to flip so the value issue is mostly academic to me. This one's a keeper! Those who know me will confirm I rarely get rid of anything. I've been enjoying the heck out of this car this year and really glad I finally found one to buy.

Magnum at Belvidere.JPG

Neat cars, especially when you look at the styling of the competition in that era.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen the article yet!
Not too much I see wrong in the article, though they suggest the 400 was available both years, but it was only an option in '78, and I think T Tops was someone's trademarked name (Hurst?), so Chrysler called the option "T Bar roof"
I posted in another thread here recently about being amused by Hagerty's take on Magnums values. When I bought mine a year ago, they only wanted to agree to insure it at $15,000. My agent went to bat for me and got them to raise that to $20,000. Then I get an email from them last week saying their valuation experts have been reviewing car values and a couple of my cars are underinsured, and they think my Magnum should be insured for $24,000!
Up 60% in one year? And now they publish an article saying best examples are high 30's? That's a long way from that $15,000 they said last year.
I didn't buy mine to flip so the value issue is mostly academic to me. This one's a keeper! Those who know me will confirm I rarely get rid of anything. I've been enjoying the heck out of this car this year and really glad I finally found one to buy.

View attachment 1327054
I went through the same thing you did with Hagerty's and just got an email saying I should up my coverage. Must be that time of year for them to re-evaluate. I'm like you on the I don't buy to sell so the value doesn't mean much to me.
Cool car :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back