• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antenna

multimopes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
I have to remove, (unscrew) the antenna from the base on my 73 RR clone. They show a wrench turning it out in the FSM. The base of mine is a round piece of black plastic; wrench ain't gonna work! Wha gives???

I have to remove, (unscrew) the antenna from the base on my 73 RR clone. They show a wrench turning it out in the FSM. The base of mine is a round piece of black plastic; wrench ain't gonna work! Wha gives???
Do you have a picture?

Also, is your antenna a single stage mast about 3 feet long?

Standard antenna wrench for B-Body in '70 at least looks castellated in appearance where it contacts the base.

Thanks, no picture as I am at work currently. It is a single stage. The black plastic base is shaped like a small cone or bullet. Maybe it slides up exposing what you described above. Here & there I find questionable things as the car is somewhat of a butcher job. Nothing surprises me.

is this it?
1725277973563.jpeg
or this
1725278114075.jpeg

I wonder if your antenna is a aftermarket? Nut should show if a factory type. A pic would help.

I think it's aftermarket. Measures 30" tall. It's not real important. I was hoping to just unscrew the mast so I can put my car cover over it without messing with it.
DSCF5680.JPG
DSCF5681.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back