• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any truck tech guys on the board?

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Need some opinions on how a injector hold down could break.The shroud for the injector tip also came off causing some carnage.

For which truck Al, the weecker? Old age? Vibration, heat etc?

What is the hold down made of?

Is this by chance a Chinese hold-down bolt and/ or hold-down?! Wrong torque? Sorry, I don't really trust any part anymore.

Im bettin its a ford.....6.7? it happens

For which truck Al, the wrecker? Old age? Vibration, heat etc?

What is the hold down made of?
For my flatbed,I had a new set of Denzo injectors installed a month before the hold down broke.The shroud on the tip of the injector broke loose that bounce around inside that cylinder for 300 miles.

For my flatbed,I had a new set of Denzo injectors installed a month before the hold down broke.The shroud on the tip of the injector broke loose that bounce around inside that cylinder for 300 miles.

Ugh, jeez that sucks Al. Whoever did the job should be cleaning up that mess. Pretty sure injectors don't just break.

Without really knowing how they are attached my guess is whoever did it maybe gorilla'd the mounting bracket down? If the bracket cracked first the thing was probably moving around and eventually broke apart from the vibrations.

Did it have a code?

thats gonna be expensive
Thankfully I have good friends that loaned me trucks to use.1st 2 weeks was a Dodge with 50k on it,now I'm in an 01 Chev topkick with 29k!

Ugh, jeez that sucks Al. Whoever did the job should be cleaning up that mess. Pretty sure injectors don't just break.

Without really knowing how they are attached my guess is whoever did it maybe gorilla'd the mounting bracket down? If the bracket cracked first the thing was probably moving around and eventually broke apart from the vibrations.

Did it have a code?
The code was for #6 cylinder,this repair will be thousands:(

Thankfully I have good friends that loaned me trucks to use.1st 2 weeks was a Dodge with 50k on it,now I'm in an 01 Chev topkick with 29k!

The code was for #6 cylinder,this repair will be thousands:(

Those parts don't just break, Al. I am betting that the tech that installed the injectors recently didn't seat the injector properly in the cup.
That's a Hino, right? Toyota engine?
Those injectors, from what I remember, are "direct" injectors that snap into the cups below the rocker assembly. That are held down with an 8mm (?) bolt and hold down. There's minimal vibration involved because that are a stabilized unit with an O-ring seal into the cup.
If the new injector wasn't seating properly into the cup and the tech "forced" it down with the holddown, that would cause your broken tip.
Were the cups replaced as well?
Either way, it is definitely on the previous shop that installed the injectors, though they will probably fight that warranty repair tooth and nail.

Those parts don't just break, Al. I am betting that the tech that installed the injectors recently didn't seat the injector properly in the cup.
That's a Hino, right? Toyota engine?
Those injectors, from what I remember, are "direct" injectors that snap into the cups below the rocker assembly. That are held down with an 8mm (?) bolt and hold down. There's minimal vibration involved because that are a stabilized unit with an O-ring seal into the cup.
If the new injector wasn't seating properly into the cup and the tech "forced" it down with the holddown, that would cause your broken tip.
Were the cups replaced as well?
Either way, it is definitely on the previous shop that installed the injectors, though they will probably fight that warranty repair tooth and nail.
That sounds right,I'm just going to tow the truck tomorrow to a reputable shop.There could be catastrophic damage..........

Auto Transport Service
Back