• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone familiar with 66/67 AC/heater control module wiring connections?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
I’m having some confusion on how to hook up the wiring on the control module because the factory service manual illustrations do not match the terminal configuration on the actual control module (both orig and repro). Compounding this is that there are 5 terminals but only 4 are used. The wiring is all individual terminal plugs - no group plugs.

I drew out the FSM illustration from the AC section, the actual module terminal layout and my wiring assumptions, and continuity checks between all terminals in heat, AC and off modes.

IMG_2169.jpeg

1. I’m pretty sure the 2 most left terminals are to the fuse box (power) and to the resister board and energize the fan switch and blower motor through the resister block. But I’m not completely sure which is which, or does it even matters?

2. What is the extra terminal for? It does have continuity in AC mode with the other 2 terminals in its group. But not in heat/def mode. An aftermarket wiring diagram shows a tan wire connecting to a terminal but no such wire exists in my factory harness and no tan wire is show for connection to the module.

Any clarification would be greatly helpful. I now think the reason my fan wasn’t working on heat/ def was because I had brn or blk wire on that spare terminal when I last had the cluster out.

Thanks

Well, I went with my assumptions and everything appears to be working properly again. Don’t know what the extra contact is for but guess it doesn’t really matter.

Auto Transport Service
Back