• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got Lincoln Power MIG 211i. welder? Any good?

The not so tall man

Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing my old Solar 2175 Welder I got back around 1996. Was thinking mille or Lincoln mainly and came across the Lincoln 211i . Any one have one and like it or is there another one I should be considering.
I defiantly need to keep it under 2k.

I have an old Lincoln weldpack 100 I've been using since 1993. If I had to replace it I would go with the 211i. I don't think you could go wrong with a Lincoln or Miller. Both put out quality machines. Just depends on if you like red or blue.

my Lincoln Power Mig 200 is 20 years old ...........I love it; and I use the crap out of it

18033080_280205249105068_1932473694036337554_n_280205249105068.jpg

20190126_161900.jpg

Last edited:
It's 110/220, so it can easily weld 1/4"

I like either blue or red, I qualified with red and have no preference as it boils down to how well it’s set up and prep imo. You won’t loose I was always told get an old one with copper windings. I can’t say I’ve every known a difference..

I think aluminum was a short lived, bad idea. I know they tried it with their SA machines and it failed. Those machines were built by contract labor. They made good money, but if a machine had issues, the person who built it was responsible for repairs. So they probably wouldn't accept aluminum.

i have a miller 211 and its great, very versatile machine from sheet metal to 3/8....

Just got it in the mail today and did a super quick set up. Real easy set up and welding great so far.

I have a Miller 130 (110 volt) and a Miller 250 (220 volt) that are both over 30 years old. I have never had to change a single part on either other than liners from use. And, of course wire spools and gas refills.

I have an older Lincoln Power Mig 215 and an Eastwood AC/DC TIG 200. The Lincoln works very well for 18ga and heavier. It says you can do 22ga but...no. Even after changing the liner to .025 it's like birds flying by. I've used an ESAB equivalent where I worked before and even with .035 wire 20ga was no problem. So I TIG the thin stuff. In the future when I can swing it, both will get replaced by a pair of Everlast machines. Way updated tech and capabilities.

Those inverter mig welders make it look like I know how to weld!

Same here. A few years ago I test drove a Miller 255, at the SEMA show, which has pulse/spray transfer along with the normal short circuit. Tried the short first and then the tech guy flipped it to spray/pulse. OMG! Clean, no spatter, bitchin looking weld.

Auto Transport Service
Back