• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using the Scat Procar seats?

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Seems like it is going to be impossible to get 69 RR buckets so I am considering these Procar 1300 seats. Is there anyone using them in anything now? Pics?

How do they feel? Do they fit? Do you have to get the extra brackets? Etc

Let me know I would like to make an informed decision.

Thanks,

I have Scat Procar seats in my 71 RR Love them. I did get the mounting frames and would recommend them. My bro has similar seats but did not get the matching floor mount brackets. Painted my car this summer and interior is not back in so I have no pics to show.

Well after reading from some of the cheby guys that are tall like me 6'-2" when they tried them they were too tall for the car. wondering what the total height is with the frames and with out?

Does your head come close to hitting the roof?

They look like they would work with a center console, seems they are easily changeable for the correct seat pattern for the year.

Also wondering how they feel comfortable?

I have the Procar 1000 (rally) seats in my 68 Sat. They fit very well and I am 6'2" and have plenty of room. I get compliments on the seats quite a bit. I used the brackets that Procar sells. Like most guys, I figured "won't need'em". But they are made for the Procar seat mount and will make installing them much simpler.

Attachments

• 3-28-2010 017.jpg
    3-28-2010 017.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,116
  • 3-28-2010 018.jpg
    3-28-2010 018.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2,254
cool, I am looking at the pro 90 series 1300's they look the closest to stock as I could find. So you say get the seat brackets too huh? It didn't raise the seat up too high that's good. You can also get them bare and put a cover or have the correct upholstery put on it.

Howiedodat must lead a charmed life. I bought the seat mount brackets and they were way too tall and I am 6' 1". Well, used to be when I was young and handsome. OK, just young. Anyway, they had my head jammed up agant the roof. This in a '73 B body. Built my own and they were still too tall. Will build another set when I get 'roundtoit.
Bob

This particular seat sits pretty low. It has the side bolsters that are a littled taller than the seat base. The seat bottom at the front is only about 7 inches from the floor with the seat brackets mounted in the highest position. The seat bottom sits very close to the floor. The bench I took out , now, talk about tall. My head would just touch the head liner. As to the brackets. The seats use a verticle mount, not an "L" shaped bracket and mount 90 degress to the seat bracket and are adjustable as to up, down, front back up and down. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Attachments

• 3-28-2010 019.jpg
    3-28-2010 019.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,139
I have the same seats in black that I bought from Summit probably 8-10 years ago. I did not buy the brackets until about 3 years ago and they put my head right against the headliner bow. I am now wondering if what I had for seat mounts was incorrect. Again, they were ordered from Summit but were in a Scat/ProCar box. Do you have any pictures of the mounts? Your car looks to be a '68/9 Roadrunner (?) and I am wondering if the floor pans are simular?
Bob

Here is a photo of the bracket for the 66 to 73 B Body as sold by Summit. The bracket bolts to the floor and the seat bolts thru the vertical braket on the seat into the rod shaped pieces running fore and aft. My cars in the trailer for the season so it may be a little bit before I can get some pics.

Attachments

• SCA-81342.jpg
    SCA-81342.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 878
The brackets I got thru Summit looked something like those........and they still look to be too tall. I am assuming that they do not use the stock bolt holes in the floor pan? The ones I had did not and that was another sore spot. My car originally came with a bench seat, fellow I bought it from had some buckets from an E body car in it at one time and I kind of balked at drilling any more holes in the floors. I have a set of stock bucket seats but they need everything......foam, covers, and new plastic backs. Expen$ive.
Bob

I had a bench seat as well. The outside holes lined up but the others must be drilled and reinforced.

The brackets I tried had a very narrow bolt footprint pattern that put the seat way off set to the steering wheel if I tried to use the stock outer bolt holes. Now I am pretty sure they either sent me the wrong mounts or they were mis-packaged. Not un-common when stuff is built off-shore. This is going to sound pretty far out there but do you recall what part number they sent you? I know I can look it up on Summit's site but had hoped to compare what you got to what they have listed.
Bob

Auto Transport Service
Back