• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are the B Body Rear Axle housing all the same???

moparmusclecars

Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70 Super Bee 8 3/4 rear end complete that I pulled out of a car with 9k miles when wrecked. I have all the paperwork on the car, but it t-boned a pole and totaled it after only being new for about 6 months. It was a 440-6 pack post car with auto. I have inspected the rear end and it appears bent on one end. I was thinking i could gut it out and use all the stuff (axles, third members, etc) in another housing. If I remember right it is 323 posi rear. Will this stuff fit in any of the b body housings? I have a 8 3/4 rear end in my 69 bee, and though it I could put all the guts out of this one in the 69 bee's non-original rear end, that would be great. I know years before i got the super bee someone robbed the good rear end out of it, so I am not sure what's in it now. I appreciate any advice.

The 68-70 B rears were the same width....so yes.

I thought 440 six pack cars had Danas with 410s?,Maybe just the 69s not the 70s?

here was my understanding on this.

You could order an optional DANA with an auto (Trac Pac was 3.54 & Super Trac Pac for 4.10 gears) but 8 3/4 was standard.

Is this correct????

here was my understanding on this.

You could order an optional DANA with an auto (Trac Pac was 3.54 & Super Trac Pac for 4.10 gears) but 8 3/4 was standard.

Is this correct????
Not 100% sure but the Hemi cars were that way. 8 /34 was the standard housing with an automatic but the Dana was optional. The Dana was standard equipment with the 4 speed tho....I'm thinking the same thing existed with the 440-6 too.

Auto Transport Service
Back