• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aug 3rd Estate AUCTION

1967 'cuda

Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
Thanks and I'm sorry for your loss.

It's not far from me but I'll be out of state. What do you know about the A12 Bee?

I am hoping to go. I have family just up the road at Seward and Rising City. I am surprised I never met Ray at the drag strip. My condolences, its sad to lose our friends. Lost one of my friends in his 40s to that disease. It's awful.

Absolutely condolences - losing a best friend is exactly like losing a family member. Been there... :praying:
Holy cow, looks like a heck of an auction. Too bad it's so far away from here or I'd attend for sure.
Best of luck to the family on the auction!

Thanks and I'm sorry for your loss.

It's not far from me but I'll be out of state. What do you know about the A12 Bee?
Butterscotch hardtop, no engine/transmission. fresh paint, grill & bumpers were not on car but they are at his farm and will being sold as well. VIN #WM23M9A261297. Ray had 2 A12 69 Bees. I used to own the other one he had. It was completely restored and his nephew kept it after Ray's death. There is one picture of the Butterscotch Bee on the sale bill. I haven't looked it over closely to see what all may or may not be with it. I believe it's got a good black interior.

I am hoping to go. I have family just up the road at Seward and Rising City. I am surprised I never met Ray at the drag strip. My condolences, its sad to lose our friends. Lost one of my friends in his 40s to that disease. It's awful.
Ray ran brackets and stock class with a number of cars including a 70 Charger, a 68 Charger, a 69 Roadrunner, and a 71 GTX. He raced several tracks in several states but mainly raced at Kearney NE. and Thunder Valley SD. The 426 Hemi on the sale bill has less than 50 miles on it since rebuilt.

21686996_730085630535758_5420863821237995240_o.jpg

30652232_834461363431517_3055754495347654656_o.jpg

116110909_10217235464500158_45314349101665399_o.jpg

128310229_10216282375406022_4266154201716032723_o.jpg

Too bad it's not a lot closer...
I don't like to buy anything I can't see or put my hands on 1st...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss too...

I hope the Auction (not Aucrion, as in the title says) goes really well....

looks like some decent stuff too

Ray worked at Walkers in Seward for several years. His brother Ernie did also and just retired from there recently. (I only worked there for about 4 years back in 1975-1979)

Absolutely condolences - losing a best friend is exactly like losing a family member. Been there... :praying:
Holy cow, looks like a heck of an auction. Too bad it's so far away from here or I'd attend for sure.
Best of luck to the family on the auction!
Too far away for me too....and I lost a long time friend last year but I knew he wasn't going to be around much longer but didn't expect it still. I'm helping to clean up/get rid of his parts collection but it's all Chevy.

Ray worked at Walkers in Seward for several years. His brother Ernie did also and just retired from there recently. (I only worked there for about 4 years back in 1975-1979)
I think one of my friends sons still works at walkers. I am very familiar with the area up there, especially David City and Rising. I have been to the Butler county fair many times. Even bought some items at Kobza's auction on the edge of town. We moved my Grandmother to David City the last year she was with us. I also met a friend of Ray's in Seward working on a 69 coronet and gave him a 727. Back in the day we raced Scribner a bunch. But, we were closer to Topeka and Kansas City then Kearney. But I raced at Kearney a few times too, its me in Cuda at Kearney. Sad I didn't get to meet Ray. Looking at his cars..I know I would've enjoyed a visit!

Screenshot_20231015_193336_Photos.jpg

I think one of my friends sons still works at walkers. I am very familiar with the area up there, especially David City and Rising. I have been to the Butler county fair many times. Even bought some items at Kobza's auction on the edge of town. We moved my Grandmother to David City the last year she was with us. I also met a friend of Ray's in Seward working on a 69 coronet and gave him a 727. Back in the day we raced Scribner a bunch. But, we were closer to Topeka and Kansas City then Kearney. But I raced at Kearney a few times too, its me in Cuda at Kearney. Sad I didn't get to meet Ray. Looking at his cars..I know I would've enjoyed a visit!

View attachment 1693441
The guy in Seward would be Doug Mason. I sold him the K-member and front suspension/brakes off of our 68 Charger R/T and welded on his subframe connectors. I'm in David City but did live in Rising City for a few years.

Yep that's Doug. I met him on this site. My cousins own the RC Pit stop on 92 in Rising.
My Grandmother lived on the south side of the highway 1/2 mile east of Rising. House is still there. My cousins still farm up there. Rising City was my second home growing up. Dirt track raced to at the Rising city track the first two years in the 90s..fun times.

Last edited:
I hope he had as much fun as the pictures show!! ALS is a cruel way to pass, I lost my sister in law to it. My condolences to you and his family.

Thanks for posting info on the sale.
Sorry your friend passed away.
That looks like one heck of a good auction.

My best friend died last year of Lou Gehrig's disease and his family is having the automotive portion of his estate auctioned on August 3rd. Although he mainly raced B-bodies he also had 3 1973 Dusters. There's a crap load of B/RB engine parts as well as 426 Hemi. I've posted a link to the sale bill below.

https://www.moravecauctions.net/_files/ugd/7409c3_5fe4a6ce8cb14bd69458635dadb5cd88.pdf
Is there a parts list somewhere ? I couldn't find it...
I did see a couple 6.2 Diesels & an early 426 street hemi & a 440 engine :blah: ,
not many parts listed
I'd assume he had a crapload of that stuff, looking at the rest

anyway just my curiosity, parts fetish

Is there a parts list somewhere ? I couldn't find it...
I did see a couple 6.2 Diesels & an early 426 street hemi & a 440 engine :blah: ,
not many parts listed
I'd assume he had a crapload of that stuff, looking at the rest

anyway just my curiosity, parts fetish
Ray was a bachelor that lived alone. His place looked like a hoarder's nest with car parts stored in several outbuildings. Nothing was organized and his siblings knew little about what parts he had. I've been trying to help a bit with identifying some of the stuff.

There are 2 426 Hemis. One had been rebuilt and probably has under 50 miles on it. The block casting date was Aug 1965. The other has no heads on it. I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Several 383s/440s that are in various degree of being complete. Most likely gathered to be future spare motor builds. 100s of Holley carbs. Ray drag raced stock class and had a large number of factory cast iron B/RB intakes. 2 1973 Duster parts cars. 2 1971-2 Satellite parts cars. The one 440 shown most likely came out of the 68 Charger or 69 Roadrunner but it's unlikely to have been original to either. I haven't gotten the cast date off of it yet. It's most likely got under 100 miles on it and is probably running a stock eliminator grind camshaft. There are supposed to be a pair of 340s on his farm but I don't think the family has found them yet. There are about a half dozen 68-71 hoods leaning against a wall in one shed. Despite having been race cars, Ray didn't butcher them. He spent over $10,000 on the body/paint on that 71 GTX just a few years ago. The A12 (SIXPACK) Superbee appears to have never been finished after getting a fresh paint job. It was one of two that he owned. One of his nephews is keeping the other. He didn't exactly have a wide variety of other extra parts that I knew of but I did spot a K-member that his family was toss on the junk iron pile. Another member on this site identified it as a 68/69 B body Hemi K-frame. Ray probably had it in the copper 69 Roadrunner when he ran the Hemi in it. That Roadrunner likely has it's original 383 K-frame back in it now.

Ray was a bachelor that lived alone. His place looked like a hoarder's nest with car parts stored in several outbuildings. Nothing was organized and his siblings knew little about what parts he had. I've been trying to help a bit with identifying some of the stuff.

There are 2 426 Hemis. One had been rebuilt and probably has under 50 miles on it. The block casting date was Aug 1965. The other has no heads on it. I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Several 383s/440s that are in various degree of being complete. Most likely gathered to be future spare motor builds. 100s of Holley carbs. Ray drag raced stock class and had a large number of factory cast iron B/RB intakes. 2 1973 Duster parts cars. 2 1971-2 Satellite parts cars. The one 440 shown most likely came out of the 68 Charger or 69 Roadrunner but it's unlikely to have been original to either. I haven't gotten the cast date off of it yet. It's most likely got under 100 miles on it and is probably running a stock eliminator grind camshaft. There are supposed to be a pair of 340s on his farm but I don't think the family has found them yet. There are about a half dozen 68-71 hoods leaning against a wall in one shed. Despite having been race cars, Ray didn't butcher them. He spent over $10,000 on the body/paint on that 71 GTX just a few years ago. The A12 (SIXPACK) Superbee appears to have never been finished after getting a fresh paint job. It was one of two that he owned. One of his nephews is keeping the other. He didn't exactly have a wide variety of other extra parts that I knew of but I did spot a K-member that his family was toss on the junk iron pile. Another member on this site identified it as a 68/69 B body Hemi K-frame. Ray probably had it in the copper 69 Roadrunner when he ran the Hemi in it. That Roadrunner likely has it's original 383 K-frame back in it now.
:thankyou: for the response, I'll bet it's extremely tough...

Auto Transport Service
Back