• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body steering wheels

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
So my 77 Charger has the standard steering wheel. I'd like to get the three spoke wheel. Better yet, a tilt wheel.

I found this one online. But it has a wood inlay and the ones I have seen in other Chargers did not. Is the wood inlay style a C-body wheel? Are they interchangable?

steering wheels.jpg

NOS steering wheel.jpg

aqwerty2.JPG

My 78 Monaco has the three spoke, in blue like your picture even. No wood inlay. Chrysler may have added the wood inlay for C body, but might be for a Cordoba vs a Charger those years too.

My 78 Monaco has the three spoke, in blue like your picture even. No wood inlay. Chrysler may have added the wood inlay for C body, but might be for a Cordoba vs a Charger those years too.
I think you're right. I saw a 78-79 Cordoba with the three spoke wheel and it had the wood inlay.

The tilt columns were sourced from GM and have a different spline on the shaft. Intermixing tilt and non-tilt wheels is not going to work.

The tilt columns were sourced from GM and have a different spline on the shaft. Intermixing tilt and non-tilt wheels is not going to work.
I swapped a C-body Tilt & Telescope from a New Yorker into a non-tilt wheel Newport. No problem. Odd that a B-body one would be different.

Auto Transport Service
Back