• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back seat removal 68 Satellite Sport Convertible

urogejo

Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
I’m trying to get the upper back seat out in order to check the convertible lines to the cylinders for leakage. I got the bottom out with relative ease, but can’t quite figure out the top portion, I did notice 2 clips on the back of the seat (each side) when I got in the trunk. There was also one near the convertible motor. I imagine this is where the seat comes out some how. Is there a trick for removal?

...a trick for removal?
Not a trick, per se; should be bolts at both bottom corners behind where the back of the seat bottom was before you pulled it. Remove the 2 bolts and, for convertibles, you push the seat downward to disengage the upper seat cleats and free it. Hardtops and 4-doors, the seat is lifted to disengage. Re-installation is the reverse of whichever.

Thanks, I haven't had the chance in the past couple of days, but I'll definitely give this a try. I'll let you know!

Auto Transport Service
Back