• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery Jump Starter/portable power pack

Detective D

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations. Looking at picking up a portable power pack, the type you can use to jump start cars. Not really worried about using it to power other stuff. Prefer to be able to plug unit into a 110 volt to recharge, but a USB might be alright as well depending on price/features. Not against other power ports, if price and features align.

My work recently bought a Shumacher 2000amp little lithium jumper box. Seems pretty nice. Only charges with a USB though. Not sure I want that. I am also leery of Shumacher. Growing up, that name meant a lot more then it does now. I have a 50 year old 6/12 charger on the shelf works perfect. I also have a 12 year old digital one with supposedly the same guts that won't charge a 12v anymore, the little processor alarms out every time. Coworker has a 3 year old charger that puked outright. So while I know they might make something good, I am looking for alternatives that have proven themselves.

I like to buy quality, once, vs buying an inexpensive one, 5 times. I have never considered one of these before because I used to pony up for Interstate Megatrons and similar East Penn batteries that lasted like 12 years even through WI winter. Now they all use recycled crap in them and Interstate is down to a 30 month warranty. So with a rash of mediocre batteries this year, I am looking for something to help them out after sitting for a bit.

What do you have?

Sure.....

Hulkman 2.jpg

On the advice of a few members here, I bought this one.

Hulkman 4.jpg

It is compact enough to stow away yet quite powerful.

Hulkman 1.jpg

It charges easily and quickly with a 110v cord.

Hulkman 9.jpg

My search abilities are inconsistent.

Jumper cables? Nah....there is a newer, better way to go.

As usual, threads of mine run multiple pages so you'll have to sift through the commentary to get to the point!
Excellent thread!
This Hulkman looks to be what I am looking for. Is there anywhere to buy it besides Amazon?
Also, maybe I am being dim, can you guys tell the difference between these two?

As far as I can tell the only difference is $50 lol.

Excellent thread!
This Hulkman looks to be what I am looking for. Is there anywhere to buy it besides Amazon?
Also, maybe I am being dim, can you guys tell the difference between these two?

[/URL]

[/URL]

As far as I can tell the only difference is $50 lol.
They appear to be the same item - just listed differently by different Vendors.

I have a NAPA branded jump pack, it works great and can be charged with household current or a 12 volt power source.

I know. It’s harbor freight. But it has lasted me for some time. And got me out a jam and others on our back woods rides. Plus it has an air compressor

IMG_6981.png

Auto Transport Service
Back