• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bouchillon performance Kickdown Linkage

Flash

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Hey have BPE kickdown linkage installed on my 72 with 318/727.

I believe I was running it with the kickdown being engaged too early. Is it possible to have too much pressure?

I readjusted it correctly, but noticed my throttle cable binds and needs replaced. Any specific one I should get? I've had to twist the cable some asit seems too long. Cable is highlighted in my picture, currently it comes out of the firewall and almost bends at 90° so binds some on return.

BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

IMG_20190902_065619~2.jpg

Call bouchillion for help
I spoke with them previously. Bouchillon doesn't supply the throttle cable, so looking for what would be compatible with my engine.

Kickdown question - "Is it possible to have too much pressure?" was just a general 727 question.

no the cable is designed to increase as the throttle cable progresses. It is possible to not have enough pressure and cause slipping.
Hey thanks for the reply.

I understand that it increases with throttle. It just seemed like I have the kickdown linkage activating too soon. But I guess only issue would be not able to get full throttle?

Auto Transport Service
Back