• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket Seat Upholstery

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on who to use in the south or central Florida area for re-upholstery of seats out of my 73 Charger. Finally got my $1300 covers from Legendary after the expected 8 month lead time. Got new foam but don’t want to do this myself. Rather have someone who knows what they’re doing and does a good job. Covers are Honey Gold with Bronze insert. Unfortunately for me the most expensive combination out there.

You can do the rear and the bottoms of the fronts easily.

$15 hog ring pliers and $10 hog rings from Tractor Supply or Rural King.

Took me about two days of going slow/ taking my time and not rushing.

The backs of the buckets are a PITA.

I paid a local upholstery shop $75 to do both of them.

The guy said you have to start them inside out.

Do the rear seat first. It's pretty easy.

I also used a "duck bill" welding tool. Like pliers with a real wide jaw, to grip the material in as wide an area as possible so I could pull it tight.

I’m gathering from your post that you really don’t want to tackle the job yourself. But if you do change your mind Legendary has a series of pretty good videos on their website that covers most of the basics.

Does anyone have a recommendation on who to use in the south or central Florida area for re-upholstery of seats out of my 73 Charger. Finally got my $1300 covers from Legendary after the expected 8 month lead time. Got new foam but don’t want to do this myself. Rather have someone who knows what they’re doing and does a good job. Covers are Honey Gold with Bronze insert. Unfortunately for me the most expensive combination out there.
Where did you get the foam from for a 73

Legendary Interiors appears to have it.

I believe OER also has it and usually they are cheaper. But I’ve used Legendary foam and I know it’s good. I don’t know how OERs foam compares.

Auto Transport Service
Back