• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket Seats

T Reynolds

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I would like to install bucket seats and console in a 68 Roadrunner. If I use Mopar seat mounts. Can I use any type of bucket seats. I would like to use the console from a 71 to 74 Charger.

Good question, hopefully someone here has the answer. I would think so but I've been wrong before. Until then welcome to the board.

Maybe.

I put 80's Dodge 400 seats in my 66. The front to back spacing of the holes was off by about 3/4", but there was enough metal to drill a new hole.

I also used the bench mounting points so I only had to drill 2 new holes per side in the floor board. IIRC I measured the factory bucket dimples and the width was off by an inch or two, so i didn't bother drilling them.

The 66 mounts are somewhat akward and offset the seats to one side. I don't remember which.

71-74 mounts are MUCH shorter/lower. I'm not sure if they are the same bolt spacing, but I do know that they are the same spacing as an 87 5th Ave.
That means I have a new "best kept secret".....5th Ave power 6 way seat tracks are a bolt in for at least 71-74 and probably more, but you gotta use two driver's side tracks as the pass side has the converter hump.

I would like to install bucket seats and console in a 68 Roadrunner. If I use Mopar seat mounts. Can I use any type of bucket seats. I would like to use the console from a 71 to 74 Charger.

Welcome to FBBO...

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 68 RR I put ProCar buckets & their mounts in, nice seats cheaper than buying junk & then the cost of having to recover & rebuild them IMHFO anyway... {Like $750 total, a few years ago now} I had to drill the inner bracket mounting holes for each seat since the 68 RR had a bench seat only & they are not pre-drilled, used larger fender washers for backup.. I want to also put a 66-70 B-Body Console in sometime latter maybe, my car is a resto-rod type build kind of, with a A12 lift off hood & a 383/479ci6bbl blah blah blah, I wasn't worried about original Mopar seats & tracks or originality... the ProCar are very nice seats, they hold you in place very well, very adjustable too, forward & back & w/adj. headrests {or not} & reclining backs, very nice quality especially for the money & fit the look I was going for... Good luck

Attachments

• Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51 demensions sketch.gif
    Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51 demensions sketch.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51.jpg
    Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 68 RR #18 Apr 26 2011 #1.JPG
    68 RR #18 Apr 26 2011 #1.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 313
Thanks for the post the seats do look good in your car

Welcome to FBBO...

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 68 RR I put ProCar buckets & their mounts in, nice seats cheaper than buying junk & then the cost of having to recover & rebuild them IMHFO anyway... {Like $750 total, a few years ago now} I had to drill the inner bracket mounting holes for each seat since the 68 RR had a bench seat only & they are not pre-drilled, used larger fender washers for backup.. I want to also put a 66-70 B-Body Console in sometime latter maybe, my car is a resto-rod type build kind of, with a A12 lift off hood & a 383/479ci6bbl blah blah blah, I wasn't worried about original Mopar seats & tracks or originality... the ProCar are very nice seats, they hold you in place very well, very adjustable too, forward & back & w/adj. headrests {or not} & reclining backs, very nice quality especially for the money & fit the look I was going for... Good luck

WHOA Budnicks . . . now THAT'S what I'm talking about ! ! ! Got that noted in my logs for when it's time to find seats ! ! ! Oh-yeah ! ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back