• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals Award

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
I am not one to care about awards at car shows. I have plenty of dust collectors. I am all about the road trips and cruising. My collector car is for driving, not for showing.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a 2nd place award in the Stock GTX class at the Carlisle Chrysler Show.

So imagine my surprise when I opened the package from Carlisle in the mail today with the award inside. I usually laugh when people on the street ask me about my Chevy or Olds, but come on!

IMG_4471.jpeg

I am not one to care about awards at car shows. I have plenty of dust collectors. I am all about the road trips and cruising. My collector car is for driving, not for showing.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a 2nd place award in the Stock GTX class at the Carlisle Chrysler Show.

So imagine my surprise when I opened the package from Carlisle in the mail today with the award inside. I usually laugh when people on the street ask me about my Chevy or Olds, but come on!

View attachment 1707604
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ...Classic goof-up by Carlisle. You should wear that with pride. The dates are wrong - must be a GM show before the Mopar show.

Congrats with the GTX - it is a great looking car. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1707604

That’s messed up…

Here's another messed up story. I went to a car show at the local town's Fairgrounds about a month ago. A newly formed car club of younger guys put it on as their first car show with a lot of donated door prizes and trophies. As a first effort, it was a nice show with about 250 cars. Toward the end of the show, there were a couple.of guys in matching red T-shirts paying a lot of attention to my friend's very nice '62 Dart Max Wedge clone. One of them came over and said, "Don't leave early; wait for the awards." .
So we hung around for the trophy awards, as asked. As the presentations ended, my friend's name was never called, so of course, we ribbed the crap out of him before going home. It turns out, the red shirts guys were members of the Fair board, a sponsor of the show. One of them showed up at my friend's to apologize and explain what happened. The Fair Board was to select its favourite car, and award a nice prize in lieu of a trophy. They picked the Dart, but somehow the prize was given away as a participant door prize by the Car Club before the trophy presentation.
As a gag, my Mustang neighbour fashioned a substitute award out of an old bowling trophy with a small car screwed to it. He made up a label for it as, Best of Show. We presented it to him a few days ago, and he called us A$$holes! We get no respect.

Last edited:
Would Bee Curious on what the Chevy Nova SS owner is saying about receiving an award for 2nd place at the Chrysler Nationals with his GTX

I had to double check mine after seeing this! Whew, they got it right.

Auto Transport Service
Back