• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter 4429s AVS carb inlet filter or none

secordgoon

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Working on my brothers roadrunner. Not too familiar with mopars. Got a nice Carter 4429s AVS to put on it. Do they have an inlet filter or screen or none at all. I've seen ABFs with screens. Have a cone style but doesn't fit, too big. I have read different things about not having etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! I do have an inline fuel filter

My original 4429 didn't have an inlet screen. Never really had any issues without it.

4429S Carburetor Info Page

1725768219076.png

I agree

if you run a in line filter you could leave it out.
... but i'm no expert :moparsmiley:

Last edited:
Thank you for the diagram. I'll look into it more. Getting some good info from members like you. Have a good evening!

Greetings. I do have an inline so I had wondered about messing with the little one. Thank you for messaging. That's what I will do then.

I think that diagram references a Chevy avs, not mopar. Mine came with a small canister type screen. They're just for lumps. I use them but a good cellulose will do better. They're not a make or break deal.

I have seen those screens and thought about them too. I appreciate all the input. Definitely helps me. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back