• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Carter 4640SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDee

Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Carter 4640SA for my 1969 GTX, produced April of '69, needs to period correct.

I’ve got at least one but I’ll have to check the date.
I’ve got one that’s for March 69 (C6). It’s complete but needs a rebuild. $125 plus shipping.

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

Wait I just saw you have two, lol. What date is D1?
That’s the confusing part. The D is definitely April but as I understand it the number should correspond to the year of manufacture but why would they make a carburetor for a 69 vehicle in 1971? Maybe you should put the question out to the group.

That’s the confusing part. The D is definitely April but as I understand it the number should correspond to the year of manufacture but why would they make a carburetor for a 69 vehicle in 1971? Maybe you should put the question out to the group.
I will. I definitely want one of them but I don't want to put a 71 carb on a 69, lol. And, you think the D1 came from a 1969 440?

I will. I definitely want one of them but I don't want to put a 71 carb on a 69, lol. And, you think the D1 came from a 1969 440?
A 4640SA is definitely listed for a 69 only but just to be sure I’ll check my 70 and 71 parts books tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back