• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger purchase advice?

rirealtor

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
On the hunt for a driver that could be taken to next level. What areas besides the headlights and dash lights should I be looking at? Is there a particular area know for rust or issue w wiring?
If someone has been considering a sale- feel free to Mssg me.
Tia

The good part is, they generally don't rot the back end off like the 68-69s.
Probably thanks to the Nascar winning fastback treatment

Having owned these cars and currently restoring one, my best advice would be to buy the very best car you can afford. The chrome and aluminum trim is all unique to the car, the interior, glass,dash, lenses, everything is specific and much of it is hard to come by and expensive for quality parts. It is getting a little better every year as far as reproduction stuff goes and that is a good sign, but be prepared to hunt hard and spend dearly for much of it.

Decent blue 383 car for sale on this site.

I absolutely agree with Greg Ducato
Start with the best car you can afford
The end result will be much better and the end cost more reasonable

IIRC 12K OBO

If these interior parts are in bad shape, they are extremely expensive and hard to reproduce. They don't make reproductions ---- all interior soft panels (side panels), console arm rests, and the one piece headliner. If you can't live with pitted tail light chrome and chrome surrounding the parking lights, be prepared to go deep into your wallet -- going deep into your wallet applies to the tail light lenses as well.

The EL dash. Some issues are easy to fix, others not. Fortunately there is someone here that works on them. Gaugedoc.com

Auto Transport Service
Back