• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chassis Table

Donny

Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my latest creation, borne out of need vs. any other reason. The 69 Camaro I'm ready to do final body welds on (Qtrs, etc) and don't want to have or rely on the Dolly, Body Cart, Lift or even a Rotisserie to do these final assembly phases.

I did some preliminary drawings, and had them rendered in CAD CAM drawings, and let me tell you this will be an invaluable tool, and, I'm not really sure where to acquire a Chassis Table, so, it's a custom fab job. This is a heavy tool, with removable panels, and this is a big tool too! Initially I was not considering these factors, but, I modified it as I was building it to be modular whereas I can dissasemble it as needed.

Not sure if I'll powder coat it or epoxy prime and then apply a single stage color.
Build Table.jpgBuild Table 6.jpgBuild Table 9-14-14.jpgBuild Table - wheel stands 2.jpgIMG_5064.jpgIMG_5066.jpgIMG_5071.jpgIMG_5073.jpgIMG_5075.jpgIMG_5145.jpgIMG_5155.jpgIMG_5160.jpgIMG_5170.jpgIMG_5172.jpg

looking very nice :headbang:

beautiful and great idea, I will be building one for the charger in a few years when it gets a custom chassis

A lot of work but the finished product looks great.Very nice.

Donny thats reasonable for the steel. Are you Stick welding or all heavy Mig?? Will you make the table top adjustable for different size cars??

Cool! Almost built one several years back but just really didn't have the room for one. Are you going to have jack bolts on it for leveling?

An amazing job. Are you doing it alone?

Looks very nice! Wish I had the space and time to make one. Just wondering, I worked on alot of very large and heavy equipment over my career and think that having the whole set-up supported on three pointswould always assure the car mounted on it would be in a free-state. Not neccesarily level, but without any twists from the un-evenness of the cement floor. The two corners with the one caster in the middle coulsbe fitted with screw-down feet that could be adjusted down to the floor to prevent movement of the whole unit. Sorry, just my 2cents!

Wow, sorry I missed this and your replies all these months! Yes, doing this alone, it always takes some extra thought and stuff to arrange for things to get held with clamps and such. No on the Jack devices, however I pondered installing them! The Table came out bigger than I thought, actually a bit too tall. It does not move even with me climbing on/in it -- it's that heavy! It's sitting good level concrete, and I leveled the car on the table. It can move, but, it takes two men to move it, and that's a deliberate action in itself!
IMG_5762.jpgIMG_5757.jpgIMG_5753.jpgIMG_5752.jpgIMG_5718.jpgIMG_5583.jpgIMG_5578.jpgIMG_5353.jpgIMG_5342.jpgIMG_5340.jpgIMG_5322.jpgIMG_5314.jpgIMG_4896.jpg

That should work!! And at first glace.....and it was a quick one, I thought the car was a Cuda then realized it was a Camaro. Disappointment strikes lol

Auto Transport Service
Back