• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Checking in from the Upstate SC

Richard Davis

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
Been without power since Friday Morning. Still no power as the crews are just starting to work my area. Some 75% of Duke Power customers in SC were without power are some point. The county of Greenwood is over 90% without power. Yes, we are safe but probably won't post much until power is restored. We were lucky compared to those in NC. The only way in or out of Asheville is by helicopter. This is not like any coastal hurricane situation. We typically don't see these types of storms. The last time Black Mtn NC flooded like this was 1906.

Be patient with your friends and loved ones in NC. Cell service has been cut off so many are unreachable. I am hoping for the best for those 100s of missing that they were able to get to higher ground in time. Areas like Biltmore Village, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, Black Mtn, etc. were under water or have been completely washed away.

I'm not how much of this has been covered in the news.

I’m 25 miles east of Asheville. Same thing. No water or power. Lucky we had a generator and a jacuzzi for water to flush the toilet. Gas is spotty so we found a station pumping and topped off both cars. 10 gals for the genset. Had food in the pantry and fridge. Using the blackstone for cooking. So we’re not to bad. On a hilltop with good drainage. But lots of people are not so lucky.

I’m 25 miles east of Asheville. Same thing. No water or power. Lucky we had a generator and a jacuzzi for water to flush the toilet. Gas is spotty so we found a station pumping and topped off both cars. 10 gals for the genset. Had food in the pantry and fridge. Using the blackstone for cooking. So we’re not to bad. On a hilltop with good drainage. But lots of people are not so lucky.
Stay safe, I saw that area on the news all morning,
it's bad/decimated & it sucks...

Auto Transport Service
Back