• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMP CAMS LIFTER QUESTION

72redbird

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Question: Has anyone used the Comp Cams lifters called DLC? I just heard of these, not sure how new they are. I've always liked Comp and always used them in the past (had profiles that I really liked) but have steered away from them the last 5-6 years due to all the failure stories you hear about. Was just wondering if these DLC lifters are their fix or replacement lifters for the failure issues I've heard about. Thanks

Question: Has anyone used the Comp Cams lifters called DLC? I just heard of these, not sure how new they are. I've always liked Comp and always used them in the past (had profiles that I really liked) but have steered away from them the last 5-6 years due to all the failure stories you hear about. Was just wondering if these DLC lifters are their fix or replacement lifters for the failure issues I've heard about. Thanks
I steered away from them many more years ago due to terrible tech support and getting the wrong parts.....and to answer your question, don't know about the DLC products. Sorry.

DLC Diamond Like Carbon. They can't seem to get a standard lifter right.

The last engine I had gone through, the builder used Melling lifters. He said they are made in the USA and better quality than Comps. Did use a Comp cam though.

If they are the answer I am sure they guarantee them right?

I am not aware of any lifter company that will guarantee you will not flatten
a cam and lifters.

a cam and lifters.
Possibly a schubek? Do they still make those?

Thank you all for the input. I've been using Bullet Cams and they gave me Johnson lifters. So far, so good.

a cam and lifters.
Howards has a line of mild cams that they guarantee won't go flat...

Comp used to sell HyLift Johnson lifters but it sounds like the one they sell today are imports.

I have two sets of Johnson's in my stash...for future projects

Possibly a schubek? Do they still make those?
They are long out of business and he never guaranteed them period.
Many of them if run too loose or the solid version had the pucks fail off
destroying the engine.

That being said I still use them in Hydraulic Stocker cams (Not common anymore).

I would like to buy some more of their Hydraulic version if anyone has them?

In my opinion the Camshaft cores the last few years are a major part of the problem
as much as the lifters.

My .02 = For Free!

Auto Transport Service
Back