• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concealed Headlights

bonitoromeo

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
Still trying to decipher wiring in my 71 charger. Is their suppose to be a relay for the headlights to open and close? Thanks Nick

I think that relay hides up under the dash on it's own bracket. Unfortunately, my Charger and I are 8,000 miles apart for another month so I can't go have a look for you.

its between ashtray and glovebox, underneath the dash frame:

dashrelaylocations_zpsd4811c03.jpg

Thanks for pics Nacho. So it seems I am missing lots of wiring and relays. Any particular relays I have to get? Might have to just wire it to a separate switch in mean time and hide it somewhere out of sight.

no need for that... relays and stuff goes according with the car equippment from factory.

If you don't have the original relay you have several options to wire your concelead headlamps... repro relay ( available at chargerspecialties.com and some others ) &/or a regular parts shop 5 pins Bosch relay ( and a safety breaker if missed )

this is a diagram I made long time ago:

index.php

Auto Transport Service
Back