• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concrete Driveway Cleanup

bobfake

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ordering a new oil pan gasket and pan stud kit for my '68 Super Bee. In the meantime, I have some drips on my concrete driveway. Using Dawn Powerwash, Brakleen, etc does nothing to get those stains up.

What do you guys use to cleanup your oil stains off the concrete driveway?

Thanks!!
Bob

Purple Power Concrete and Driveway Cleaner
1 gallon at Oreillys Auto

Worked excellent for me on a mess many years ago - But the oil spot or area was pretty fresh

20240717_074336.jpg
20240717_074437.jpg

Two ways to utilize, overall cleaning of driveway and spot treatment. Both ways were effective for me.
Pretty sure I got it at Home Depot.

I just take my can of lawn mower gas and dribble a little on the oil spot/stain. Sometimes I do a light scrub with a brush. Good as new after a few minutes of evaporation.

Brake clean works sometimes.
Brake clean or carb clean and a wire brush.

Years ago I had a few cracks and stains left from the previous owner. They came out and ground all the edges down about 5/8 inches including the cracks and carbon fibered the cracks. You pick out the color of pebbles you want and they mix it it a portable concrete mixer with a clear two part epoxy. They then trowel it on a 1/2 to 5/8 thick. They did my driveway, front sidewalk, front porch and around my pool.The nice part is, if the concrete under it should crack, they can repair it. The water ran through it and out, rather than on top, less slippery. Stains wiped up and it was shiny. It did need to be sealed every 5 years with a two part clear epoxy THEY rolled on, you're not going to get this stuff at any hardware store. I chose this way for one big reason, concrete comes with two garranties, no one will steal it and it will one day crack. I don't do cracks, so to replace it and for it to potentially have another big crack in it again would not make me happy. It cost about the same as replacing the whole driveway without the big mess of breaking it up and hauling it off and this way if it should crack, it's a few hundred to repair it and it looked great.
20170902_151813.jpg

20190907_113850.jpg

20190413_142826 (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back