• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confusion with 69 roadrunner rear glass trim

Deanfitz27

Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Wondering if someone could help me with how the rear glass trim should look on a 69 roadrunner. Long story short, My car had complete quarters replaced, using the orignal deck panel before I purchased the car. I recently removed the deck panel and am replacing it with a amd. I have it prefitted decently. However if I fit the trim embedded in the corners there is a huge gap like in the pic. If I ride it along the top of the corners it's not bad, but is it supposed to be high like that in the pic? My car is a vinyl roof car. I also posted a pic from a car I found online, but not sure if that is right either as the grap in trims. Any help /pics would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 396
Anybody out here have any advice, pics etc. I think all 68-70 b bodies except charger have the same trim. I'd really like to see some close up pics of the way the trim should look. A pic of a car with vinyl roof and orignal panels would be awesome, or just a pic that shows the correct alignment.

Thanks

I own a 69 Bee which has the same issue. It's being repainted right now so the glass is out, like yours. I believe the issue stems from not following the shape of the glass when installing the trim but instead following the Dutchman panel. It'll take some time to do it properly and to find a happy medium. In your case it will be easier as your Dutchman panel still has yet to be fitted. Make sure you place your glass using the correct height of butyl or you'll have even more trouble.

Tks for your help lion. Do you know what size butyl is correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks sir smith, it looks like your trim fits well. Is your car a orignal panel car?

5/16. Make sure when you do the final install of the glass that you use a primer sealer on the pinch weld otherwise your glass will not seal.

Auto Transport Service
Back