• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console arm rest

71RRHI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
I have seen other's who have added a charger console armrest to their Coronet console. While at Carlise I found one for sale in good condition for a good price.
20240809_173017.jpg

20240809_174722.jpg

If I remove my console door it will fit, but I think I missing something. I don't see a way to secure it to the console body. Anybody have pictures on how this mounts?

You need the two brackets for each side of the inner console to screw it down to. And backside support straps to screw it to. Then the 4 big Phillips to screw the assembly down

By any chance do you have a picture of the bracket.

Do they look like this
Screenshot_20240809_182443_eBay.jpg

Listed as 66-67 dodge charger front padded armrest mounting brackets. 14" long x 1 1/4" high x 1" deep. Took a chance and bought them on ebay.

I'll post pics once installed.

I did this on my 1967 R/T years ago. I think C-body console has this arm rest, too.

I did this on my 1967 R/T years ago. I think C-body console has this arm rest, too.
Yes the monaco 500s and 300s etc but not lower Dodges and Plymouths

I had one briefly on my '69 Charger. Didn't work well for me because I had a reverse manual VB. Third gear would put the shifter real close to the pad.....

I didn't think of that. I also have a reverse manual VB. Good thing it's easily reversible if I dont like it.

I had one briefly on my '69 Charger. Didn't work well for me because I had a reverse manual VB. Third gear would put the shifter real close to the pad.....

Thanks for posting that. I was beginning to think the shifter in my Charger was misaligned, because it came so close to the console pad in first gear.

Got the arm rest installed. I like it so far. The shifter is close to the arm rest but has not been a problem for me. It could be about 1" higher to be more comfortable. But will live with it for now, maybe modify it in the future.
20240818_184712.jpg
20240818_184657.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back