• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Cup Holders

DynamicXX

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Any advise or recommendations for a cup holder/console storage for a 69' Coronet, bucket seats, 4 speed.? I've purchased from "CupHoldersPlus" for the wife's Mustang, nice product, but no specific listing for my "69 Coronet, lot's for Challenger's, Charger's, Road Runner, pretty much all "B" bodies except Super Bee... Just need/want big enough for 2 drinks, spot to store wallet, phone, etc.

There are several threads on the forum about consoles you could check for ideas, doing the search feature. Some have made awesome consoles. There's looking for an OEM console that can be spotty to find or very pricy with methods to make a conversion to accommodate cup holders...also viewed in threads here, some just recently. In my case found a console from another car for 10-bucks at a meet that looked promising for modifying to install in my ride...wanting cup holders, extra storage, gauges, and an arm rest. I was happy with it when I finally got it done.

There are several threads on the forum about consoles you could check for ideas, doing the search feature. Some have made awesome consoles. There's looking for an OEM console that can be spotty to find or very pricy with methods to make a conversion to accommodate cup holders...also viewed in threads here, some just recently. In my case found a console from another car for 10-bucks at a meet that looked promising for modifying to install in my ride...wanting cup holders, extra storage, gauges, and an arm rest. I was happy with it when I finally got it done.
I, also wanted cup holders and a CD player/stereo in my 65. So, I built one and my wife upholstered it, snuck in a spot for tissues and a digital voltmeter/phone charger too. I used 1/2" MDF board.
Mike
IMG_1995.JPG
IMG_2000.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG
IMG_2073.JPG

What does the one listed for Charger or raod Runner look like?

They should work in a Coronet.

I made cup holders from PVC couplings, and attached them to the front of a buddy seat.

You realize that all B body consoles are the same from 1967-1970? Right? Nothing special or different about a 69 super bee console. 1966 console is different material with a bolt on rear section, and very heavy. But are the same shape and bolt on pieces.

Except 66-67 chargers have a different door and arm rest, but those can swap over.

What does the one listed for Charger or raod Runner look like?

They should work in a Coronet.

I made cup holders from PVC couplings, and attached them to the front of a buddy seat.
Mine is here and can get any picture of it you need

. But the car is back east for the summer. so cant get any pictures of it in the car yet

You realize that all B body consoles are the same from 1967-1970? Right? Nothing special or different about a 69 super bee console. 1966 console is different material with a bolt on rear section, and very heavy. But are the same shape and bolt on pieces.

Except 66-67 chargers have a different door and arm rest, but those can swap over.

That's what I was geting at with the Charger part.

If we had a pic of what the OP is talking about.....
(not his car, the ones mentioned in the OP)

Like I mentioned in my post, I have bucket seat's, and am looking for what type of cupholder's people are using. Not looking for a full console, as I have a 4-speed, with the standard chrome ring, just wanting something to hold a couple drinks and maybe small storage, not a full replacement factory console.

That's what I was geting at with the Charger part.

If we had a pic of what the OP is talking about.....
(not his car, the ones mentioned in the OP)
I'll go onto the "CupHoldersPlus" website and pull some pics of what there selling for Chargers, Challenger's, etc. Just though someone might have found something that they are using for the 4-speed, bucket seat's Bee...

Like I mentioned in my post, I have bucket seat's, and am looking for what type of cupholder's people are using. Not looking for a full console, as I have a 4-speed, with the standard chrome ring, just wanting something to hold a couple drinks and maybe small storage, not a full replacement factory console.
I understand that.

So remove the door and fabricate and insert that fills up the cavity and will hold your favrite beverages.

I understand it that the OP does not have a factory console, nor is he looking for one.
Just wants a standalone cup holder.

I understand it that the OP does not have a factory console, nor is he looking for one.
Just wants a standalone cup holder.
My apologies, I should of posted a pic of my interior first, (Pic attached of MY interior), so my question came through better. I'm looking for something to fill the space on top of the hump to hold beverage, phone, etc. Was wanting to know what other's have done with same interior...I don't see Coronet/Super-Bee listed, just Charger's, Challengers, etc...
1718042769607.png

thumbnail_20240610_140141.jpg

My apologies, I should of posted a pic of my interior first, (Pic attached of MY interior), so my question came through better. I'm looking for something to fill the space on top of the hump to hold beverage, phone, etc. Was wanting to know what other's have done with same interior...I don't see Coronet/Super-Bee listed, just Charger's, Challengers, etc...View attachment 1677239

View attachment 1677234
Sorry, Reply was for another post reply, but yes you are correct what I am looking for..

I understand that.

So remove the door and fabricate and insert that fills up the cavity and will hold your favrite beverages.
My apologies, I should of posted a pic of my interior first, (Pic attached of MY interior), so my question came through better. I'm looking for something to fill the space on top of the hump to hold beverage, phone, etc. Was wanting to know what other's have done with same interior...I don't see Coronet/Super-Bee listed, just Charger's, Challengers, etc...
1718042948013.png

thumbnail_20240610_140141.jpg

My apologies, I should of posted a pic of my interior first, (Pic attached of MY interior), so my question came through better. I'm looking for something to fill the space on top of the hump to hold beverage, phone, etc. Was wanting to know what other's have done with same interior...I don't see Coronet/Super-Bee listed, just Charger's, Challengers, etc...View attachment 1677244

View attachment 1677243
Those are probably for modern cars?
Hence no super bees etc

"Dodge Swinger" suggests not only modern.
However, it would probably be wise to assume unless you ask specifically, the the ones labeled for Charger and Challenger are in fact for modern cars.

The fact that they do not list application years is unsettling.

"Dodge Duster" is also unsettling.

Those things suggest they either don't know, or don't care and are guessing.

Have you looked elsewhere?

"Dodge Swinger" suggests not only modern.
However, it would probably be wise to assume unless you ask specifically, the the ones labeled for Charger and Challenger are in fact for modern cars.

The fact that they do not list application years is unsettling.

"Dodge Duster" is also unsettling.

Those things suggest they either don't know, or don't care and are guessing.

Have you looked elsewhere?
Yah, I also checked another company, classicconsoles.com, and they show for 69' Coronet. Oddly, when you choose SuperBee it only shows fit for 1971???
1718098054879.png

Auto Transport Service
Back