• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible guys - question

pearljam724

Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
Where exactly and how are these anti rattle convertible inserts installed ? A picture would be great. Are they worth buying ? To anyone that has installed them, did you notice less noise ? I have some rattling/vibration noise in my back seat area. But, I’m pretty sure it’s coming from the arm rest plastic panels and flat metal bar resting on top of seathttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113189961435.

Open the top there are two pins they go where the pins came out of. Top of windshield frame.

Thank you, I ll take a look. But as of now, I’m not quite sure of the pins you are referring too ? I thought, when the top is closed. The only thing the top touched in reference to the windshield portion. Is the two hooks that grab the windshield on the buckles ?

The pin keep the top centered. The pins are near the hooks. Don't buy those unless yours are missing or damaged.

thanks for the ebay find, pearl.
one of mine got mashed, didnt know what they were called.
just placed an order

You’re welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Where exactly and how are these anti rattle convertible inserts installed ? A picture would be great. Are they worth buying ? To anyone that has installed them, did you notice less noise ? I have some rattling/vibration noise in my back seat area. But, I’m pretty sure it’s coming from the arm rest plastic panels and flat metal bar resting on top of seathttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113189961435.
I suggest you get a buddy to ride in your back seat. When you hear the rattle, have him put his hand in different places & when the rattle stops, you've found the spot....crude but effective.

thanks for the ebay find, pearl.
one of mine got mashed, didnt know what they were called.
just placed an order
I ordered a set as my originals were cracked in pieces. The new ones didn't fit perfectly, had to file one down a little to get the screw in.

I suggest you get a buddy to ride in your back seat. When you hear the rattle, have him put his hand in different places & when the rattle stops, you've found the spot....crude but effective.

Yeah, I’ve thought of that. But, all my buddies are like chicks. No mechanical sense. Hell, I tried to get a couple of those buddies to drive so I can figure it out. Nobody wants to drive it, lol ! Just ride along, lol ! I guess I I’ll have to find the right guy, lol !

Yeah, I’ve thought of that. But, all my buddies are like chicks. No mechanical sense. Hell, I tried to get a couple of those buddies to drive so I can figure it out. Nobody wants to drive it, lol ! Just ride along, lol ! I guess I I’ll have to find the right guy, lol !
I feel your pain...none of my buddies know the difference between a strut & a spark plug. The good news is that all they need to do is try to listen for the rattle & start pressing their hands in different places...any monkey could do it. Maybe bribe them with lunch or something?

I have 3 close friends that are smart guys. Great careers, etc. None of them know how to change a tail light bulb. That’s not a joke. I work 60 hours a week and the bastards call me for everything, lol !

I have 3 close friends that are smart guys. Great careers, etc. None of them know how to change a tail light bulb. That’s not a joke. I work 60 hours a week and the bastards call me for everything, lol !
What are friends for?:eek:

whaddya doing next june 8, say arounds 9am?

Hard to say right now, what’s your idea ?
to purple .......... i live near him.
but, if you wanna drop by, and set in back, theres a few aches and groans from the old buggy that could use finding

Auto Transport Service
Back