• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible warning decal

71RRHI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
My 1970 Coronet convertible driver side sunvisor looks like someone tried to repair it with one of those vinyl repair kits they used to advertise on TV back in the 80's.
I ordered new sunvisors, and a new convertible to warning decal since mine is on the sunvisor.
20240926_161309.jpg

All the parts web sites say the decal is to placed on the header panel. This does not make sense to me, It makes more sense to be on the top side of the sunvisor, so when you rotate the visor down to unlatch the top. Its right there for you to see.
Convertible owners please let me know where your decal is. Pics would great.

Dave I have only seen the remnants of 1 sticker and it was on the long center metal convertible trim plate on the drivers side. Sorry no pics of the outline as I sold that trim. I can check my 68 500 ragtop in the next few days if it still has one present.

Brent,
Thanks, the web sites all say on the header panel, but then you would have to swing the visor out of the way to read it.
Dave
Edit
Sorry, I was thinking they were saying header panel of the windshield. But after looking again, I think they mean the header panel on the convertible top. I Don't know what I was thinking. I guess I need another beer.

Last edited:
Brent,
Thanks, the web sites all say on the header panel, but then you would have to swing the visor out of the way to read it.
Dave
Edit
Sorry, I was thinking they were saying header panel of the windshield. But after looking again, I think they mean the header panel on the convertible top. I Don't know what I was thinking. I guess I need another beer.

Yes it was on this long trim piece pictured below driver side..

1727405408438.png

This was the top mechanism for my 70 RR convertible before I restored it. The label is not on the trim but on the top mechanism itself and can be seen be lowering the sun visor.

RR 469.jpg

Thanks, it looks like it is just slightly to the right of the latch.

This was the top mechanism for my 70 RR convertible before I restored it. The label is not on the trim but on the top mechanism itself and can be seen be lowering the sun visor.

View attachment 1733007
Thanks for that photo. The sticker outline on the piece I was talking about with Dave must have just been something else someone put on it as it was not near that size of the sticker shown...

Auto Transport Service
Back