• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool old school pics

GTXDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Some old pics I came across on my old laptop. The first Charger

Charger 1.JPG Charger 2.JPG Charger 3.JPG Charger 4.JPG Charger 5.JPG Charger 6.JPG

More pics from the Chrysler museum: Tank eng for WWII, that's 5 flat head sixs all connected together. At the top are 5 downdraft carbs. And an a/c eng developed but never used

Tank eng 1.JPG Tank eng 2.JPG Plane eng V16.JPG

What model is the white sedan with the red top? Phoenix? Great shots, thanks for posting.

I'm not sure maybe someone on here will know. It was an Imperial. That car was given brand new to a woman who worked at Chrysler for 50 years on her retirement.

What model is the white sedan with the red top? Phoenix? Great shots, thanks for posting.
57 or 58 Imperial. Looks pretty wild if you are accustomed to looking at modern cars.

Thanks for posting, very cool Charger prototype.

Last edited:
57 or 58 Imperial. Looks pretty wild if you are accustomed to looking at modern cars.

Thanks for posting, very cool Charger prototype.
I believe that was old Jimmy R's. Then he came back with the fastback prototype. Amazing what that man built.

Can you imagine changing oil in that tank engine cluster?
Mike

sorry for the crappy photos

a couple more of my old racecars
2 from when I was in Alaska
455cid W-30 10.90 S/St
Budnicks 71 Olds 442 SST.JPG

S/C 8.90 10,000rpm 321cid Donovan
Budnicks 71 Camaro 321ci Donovan SBC S-C Alaska Polar Raceway mid 80's.jpg

92 T/A 6.69 @ 217 Outlaw P/S Sacramento mid 90's
Budnicks 92 Trans Am 540ci N20 Outlaw Pro-Stock Sac. Raceway early 90's.JPG

23 T A/A 6.90 @ 190 Sacramento Raceway
Budnicks 23 T Ford 427ci BBC Alky Inj Altered A-A Sac Raceways.jpg

These are such great pic’s and memories thanks!
Couple of my all time favorites was “Color me Gone” and the “Hawaiian”

upload_2022-1-2_18-46-12.jpeg

These are such great pic’s and memories thanks!
Couple of my all time favorites was “Color me Gone” and the “Hawaiian”

View attachment 1217226
Roland Leong, the hawaiian. I remember the old radio spots on WCFL in chicago for U.S 30 dragstrip...sunday, sunday!!! Arnie the farmer beswick, Dick Landy, Sox & Martin, Dyno Don Nicholson. Even the commercials for Mr.Norms Grand Spaulding Dodge.

Not my picture.....but many years after this pic was taken....I bought the car....

upload_2022-1-3_12-47-49.jpeg

upload_2022-1-3_12-48-7.jpeg

Here I am back in 2007 I think.....school "show'n'tell" for my elder son - the teacher caught this pic....I had passed wind inside the car just as I arrived. :eek:
upload_2022-1-3_12-49-53.jpeg

:thumbsup:

What does it say on the side? Cool still has the racing mirrors on it racing! Is that pic from OCIR?

Roland Leong, the hawaiian. I remember the old radio spots on WCFL in chicago for U.S 30 dragstrip...sunday, sunday!!! Arnie the farmer beswick, Dick Landy, Sox & Martin, Dyno Don Nicholson. Even the commercials for Mr.Norms Grand Spaulding Dodge.

That is awesome you remember the radio spots in detail.
I remember here it was the radio station CKLW announcing the same way, it started “Sunday Sunday at Detroit Dragway!”

What does it say on the side? Cool still has the racing mirrors on it racing! Is that pic from OCIR?
Tiara Licensed Restaurant. It was an Indian restaurant not far from where the owner lived....no longer in business. I tried tracking them down in 1997....long gone by then. Racing mirror was factory coded on the FT....and yes it still lives on the car. New owner has installed the manual RHS Racing mirror to match. That was one HTF piece....I bought that mirror back in 2001, and never installed it.

The owner of the car in the old pics actually went to school with my father. They only realised that when Alan came around to my place with his '70 Charger - some years after the GTX had been sold. Small world here in NZ.

The pictures were taken at Thunderpark Raceway, Hastings, NZ .....now defunct thanks to neighbours who didn't like the noise, and lack of sponsorship/ bad management etc.

Me and 5 buddies made a road trip to US30 drag strip right after high school. Saw the Coca Cola cavalcade of funny cars and jet cars together. Had my buddies dads new Club Cab long bed Dodge 3/4 ton with a camper on back. Took 40 acres to turn it around. SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !!!

John Force before his F/C days
in the Beaver Hunter AA/FA
23 Ford T F-A Beaver Hunter John Force Driving Pritchert car.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back