• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple of gage questions ..67 coronet wagon

cherokeechief79

Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
ive been having trouble with my fuel and temp sender.
i dont know the history because this car is kinda new to me.
i was getting the pulse at the temp sender but after playing with the fuse box it stopped.
i figured i disturbed a wire somehow.
the gas sender wire always has the pulse even though the temp wire didnt but the gas gage never read right .
it was always low but did move some.
i recently filled it up and it went to 3/4 but would wander around between that and 1/4.
i bought a triple gage set and put it in sunday.water oil and volts.
the new temp gage reads correct but the factory gage started working again and is reading very high.
i tested the wire at the sender and its pulsing now.
ill trust the new gage for now.
the big problem i have is that the volt gage reads fine with the headlights on but with them off it pulses constantly from around 14 to 13 volts.
maybe i hooked it up in a bad spot?
i had the fusebox down and probed it in the back.i found one that only lit with the lights on and i put a spade terminal on it that went to the lights for the triple gage set and it works fine. (#1)in pic
the other was a terminal that only lit with the key on and i used that for the volt gage. (#2 ) in pic

box.jpg

is there a reason that #2 spot i have circled would be pulsing with the lights off only?
while it was doing it i tested the batt and it was an even 13.8

Auto Transport Service
Back