• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cracked pulley.

Tony Tee

Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Discovered this yesterday when swapping out my radiator.
20200726_172419-1.jpg

Good catch
That would have caused some damage.

Uhhh, okay.
Are you just telling us or are you asking for help?

Your first post gave almost zero information, just a picture and a short announcement. This leaves a viewer with very little to understand.
Buyer beware? How about a product name, a vendor name, anything ? If your point was to help, it would be appreciated if you were more expressive.

Your first post gave almost zero information, just a picture and a short announcement. This leaves a viewer with very little to understand.
Buyer beware? How about a product name, a vendor name, anything ? If your point was to help, it would be appreciated if you were more expressive.
You're right. Can't help much on the details it was purchased on ebay a long time ago. But I did keep my old pump. So I'm hoping that I can put my steel pulley on this Chinese pump. And it's a lesson learned. By going the cheap route. Pretty much a heads up post. My apologies.

Now...you say you have learned your lesson by going the cheap route but you will reinstall the Chinese pump?
Lesson #2 to follow....

What are the odds the shaft is the same size as your old one ? Chinese measure with a wooden yard stick , well made parts are measured with a micrometer

What are the odds the shaft is the same size as your old one ? Chinese measure with a wooden yard stick , well made parts are measured with a micrometer

I don't know if it will fit. But the pump works flawlessly. I'm positive that I can make it work. I have a machine shop at work if the shaft and pulley don't exactly match up...

I don't know if it will fit. But the pump works flawlessly. I'm positive that I can make it work. I have a machine shop at work if the shaft and pulley don't exactly match up...
the Chinese shaft was .042" smaller.. bored out the pulley and pressed in and tack welded a 4130 chromoly bushing and bored it to press fit the shaft.
20200727_193217.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back