• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 Identification

jdhdt1996

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this came from. Looks to be from a car. I'm thinking 67?? I read that the 67 had the strap yolk like this. I measured the outer part of the drum where the wheel meets and it was just over 59in.

Thanks!!!

20160514_161521.jpg 20160514_161535.jpg 20160514_161606.jpg 20160514_161702.jpg

Spring mounts look different to me....not sure what it's from, someone here will know.

See if there are any 7 digit numbers stamped in the axle tubes somewhere.

Where is the drain plug ?

Those spring mounts look like 72,3,4 style for b-body that used rubber isolators between spring and diff.

Ill figure that out tomorrow on the drain plug! I didn't have a chance to look that deep for numbers on the tubes. Thank you for the info so far

Have you popped out an axle yet? 35 spline was 68 and later if I remember correctly, less than is -67. Don't ever remember seeing drain plugs. Fill plugs on cover yes.

Have you popped out an axle yet? 35 spline was 68 and later if I remember correctly, less than is -67. Don't ever remember seeing drain plugs. Fill plugs on cover yes.
35 splines is 1970-71.

Its out of a mopar car. Long studs and non stock spring seats it looks like. Says someones been playing with me. I definately would not worry about what its out of. Just if it fits my needs and how much$. With new danas available they arent the gold they once were. Silver maybe...

Im in Toronto Ontario Canada, its a long distance to come get it. Just bring 1500 U.S. with you.

Looks like it is a car application unit as opposed to truck since its set up for a pinion snubber.

Auto Transport Service
Back