• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash pad

Randy73

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Mine looks like I had a earthquake under the dash, cracks everywhere.

Who makes the best dash pads and how hard are they to install?

73 charger

Well, we got one for the camaro from this guy on ebay.

WWW.Vehicle-Interior-Parts.com

It was excellent. She got one for the charger and one for the el camino from choo choo customs for some reason and well, not so good. I mean, they'll be fine but don't fit like Bob's did. Give him a try. Not sure about mopar stuff but I think she said he had them too.

My buddy sent his to Just Dashes, came out real nice and no problems 7 yrs later. The pad isn't hard to change just takes time. drop the column remove the a piller and kick panels, unplug the bulk head, loosen the side dash bolt and remove the top bolts and tilt the entire dash towards the seat then unbolt the pad. This is the fastest and what works best for me. My buddy couldn't believe how much easier it was this way rather that trying to take the dash all apart and working from under the dash to try and unbolt the pad..

rrunner, did you forget the part about removing the windshield?

Just Dashes quoted me between $800 and $1200 plus two way shipping, for a 74 charger dash...and this was back in 2005.

For reference I paid $1500 for the car.

My windshield is cracked, so that was next anyway.

Where does Yearone get their's?

I got a quote from Dash Specialties for my 63 Dodge. It has the full pad and the quoted price was $365.00 plus shipping. Contact info is Dean @ 541-776-0040, they are located in Medford, Oregon.

I bit the bullet and went with Dante's, could have gotten it cheaper, but after talking to them, I liked what they had to say and he would take it back, if it did not come out right and refund my shipping.
That and I was already ordering other parts from him.

What was the price? I may be interested. Will they dye it? Any color besides black? Thanks.

They will dye, do not know the cost to dye, as mine is black. Pad is $495 + 50 shipping.
Like I said, could have gone cheaper, but I liked the way the guy answered my questions.

Thanks charger is on back burner, but nice to know it doesn't have to be $1000!

Got it and it looks great, the grain looks right, but I will have to wait to get the old one off and check side by side.

By the way, not sure who actually made this, but it was shipped from a woman in TX.

rrunner, did you forget the part about removing the windshield?

No I did not, windshield doesn't need to be removed. We are talking about a 73, 71 and later you can get to all the dash bolts without removing the windshield. This also applies to 70-74 E bodies.

That's nice to know, thanks for setting me straight :)

Auto Transport Service
Back